daphnemca
(Member)
Managed to book Premier Inn 15 Bath Road this evening for May 18 at the Saver Rate of £49, has been £100 every day since I booked the Borneo/Singapore trip over a month ago. Look forward to seeing the rest of the 'gang' who are staying there. I get in from Belfast about 4.30pm so should arrive at hotel before 6pm. Is the 3 Magpies still on for dinner or somewhere else? Look forward to seeing y'all.
Toni2909
(Member)
Hi guys

I'm not surprised that you are so excited! I am booked for the Borneo tour (without the add-on) in November so I will eagerly await your valuable feedback and reviews. I will be especially interested in details/recommendations about currency (how much, what kind), wifi access, electrical sockets, footwear, clothing, and just about anything else you think might be useful to know.

Have a great trip! I hope you see loads of orang-utans and pygmy elephants.

Toni

AbbaDave
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, glad you got that saver rate again, we got it and then it went back up, hope Jim manages to get a room at that price before they go up again, yes i am all for a meal and get together at the 3 magpies or whereever, i cannot wait

all the best

Dave

Mick W
(Member)
'mikew' wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've booked the 4* Park Inn with car parking for the duration of the holiday through Holiday Extras as a 'mystery hotel' for £105. According to Google Maps its only a 5 minute walk to The Three Magpies from the hotel, so I'll be pleased to see anyone there for a meal on the evening of the 18th.

I'll be using the Hoppa Bus service to get to Terminal 2 the following morning.

Cheers

Mike

Mike,

The mystery hotel deals are excellent, had the park inn a few times and also the Renaissance, Sheraton, Radisson & Arora.

The 3 Magpies is opposite the Park Inn and there is a crossing across Bath Road, 2 minutes from reception.

For the others staying at the Premier Inn its about a mile along Bath Road (15 to 20 min walk). The Prem Inn isn't quite on the free bus route but once you pass Harlington crossroads (traffic lights) buses around heathrow are free. The 423 which terminates at term 5 will drop you off outside the Pub, other buses going to heathrow central bus station you need to get off outside the Renaissance and walk the last 50yds.

Mick

jayli
  • (Member)
(Member)
'AbbaDave' wrote:

Hi, glad you got that saver rate again, we got it and then it went back up, hope Jim manages to get a room at that price before they go up again, yes I am all for a meal and get together at the 3 magpies or wherever, I cannot wait

all the best

Dave

Hi Dave

Yes, just got it!

Thanks Daphne for the new alert, I hadn't had time to check back this week.

I stayed at the Park Inn last month en route for Japan (I obtained a cheap rate there via the travel company - not JY, unfortunately) and, following a recommendation, I dined for the first time at the Three Magpies, just across the road.

I thoroughly enjoyed it: good and inexpensive pub food, pleasant and helpful staff, some jolly 'regulars', pleasant atmosphere, and not too crowded (I went reasonably early).

I should certainly like to visit again next May - only five months to go!

Best wishes to all for 2016

Jim