maria 36
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I returned on Monday from the Highlights of Tuscany.

I did this trip last year and enjoyed it so much that I wanted to return to complete the excursion I missed last year just in case I'm not able to return.

So pleased that I did this, as well as the additional Tuscan lunch - amazing and very good value plus the opera festival ( and in fact managed to fit in an additional one thanks to our lovely travel advisor, Sue)

If you are considering this trip and you enjoy history, music etc not to mention the wonderful food and wine, do not hesitate!  Snooze and you lose as they say :-/

The hotel in Montecatini Terme is just fabulous.  It's been in the same family for over 50 years and some of the staff have been there between 10 and 20 years.  Very friendly and welcoming; the food is fabulous, the rooms are spacious and kept beautifully clean  - I cannot fault it.

Many thanks to all my fellow guests who may read this, for their lovely company.

Maryxx

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
'maria 36' wrote:

I returned on Monday from the Highlights of Tuscany.

I did this trip last year and enjoyed it so much that I wanted to return to complete the excursion I missed last year just in case I'm not able to return.

So pleased that I did this, as well as the additional Tuscan lunch - amazing and very good value plus the opera festival ( and in fact managed to fit in an additional one thanks to our lovely travel advisor, Sue)

If you are considering this trip and you enjoy history, music etc not to mention the wonderful food and wine, do not hesitate!  Snooze and you lose as they say :-/

The hotel in Montecatini Terme is just fabulous.  It's been in the same family for over 50 years and some of the staff have been there between 10 and 20 years.  Very friendly and welcoming; the food is fabulous, the rooms are spacious and kept beautifully clean  - I cannot fault it.

Many thanks to all my fellow guests who may read this, for their lovely company.

Maryxx

Hi Mary

I too enjoyed this trip and it was great to meet you.

I thoroughly enjoyed the additional trip to a Tuscan farm with wine tasting, a highlight for me, although after the 4th bottle of wine tasting I can’t remember much else of the day!

A truly wonderful break and with good company.

Sue

wesspan
(Member)
Hi Mary, nice to meet you on the holiday. We had a nice, easy-going group.

Tour Manager Sue was great: so organised; told us bit about each place on the itinerary; and helpful with tips (the dinner at Montecatini Alto was lovely).

Montecatini Terme is a nice town to have as a base: lots of shops and restaurants, a big park. I didn't go to the Tuscan lunch, so spent that day walking around town (and a morning in Alto) - would be content to spend another day there.

I am considering the Flavours of Tuscany trip after going on this Highights one.