HMT
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have just returned from a holiday in Croatia.  I am a first time traveller since my husband died. In the JY brochure it said I could book with a local travel agent, which I did as I needed the face to face bit for advice etc.

I would not recommend using this route as I did not get the change of hotel venue until the last minute as I had  to travel to Gatwick on the Saturday evening and stay over to get the early flight on the Sunday.  The letter went to my travel agent who opened it and then  posted it on to me !

I was not met at Gatwick as Julia assured me I would be and only met up with my party and guide at Dubrovnik

airport-all a bit scary for a first timer.  If you have checked your luggage in how are you supposed to look for JY labels ?

On arriving home, one of the people I had exchanged phone numbers with rang to say that she had a welcome home pack and a cheque because of the change of hotel, I did not receive these.  when I phoned my  travel agent she first said she would look into it and then rang back to say that the letter with cheque was in my folder and they had not received a welcome letter for me.   When I asked why JY was not communicating with me direct she said "they did not give my address to JY for security reasons".    What would have happened if

there had been an emergency abroad ?

The holiday itself was excellent value and I was NOT one of the people who complained about the change of hotel, after all JY upgraded us to 5 star.

I would advise prospective travellers to book with JY direct, I will next time.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I always book directly with Just You. In fact I did not know that you could book via a travel agent. Usually you can spot fellow travellers at the airport if they use a Just You label on their hand luggage, though not everyone does. I am glad you enjoyed the holiday despite some problems.

Jaya

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Very few book through a travel agents, I always phone to make my bookings as I have a few things to request, but I pay the bills online and it works for me.

Cindy

Bosuncat
(Member)
Like Cindy, I always ring and book, but I send a cheque when my balance is due. 

I'm sorry to read that you had problems booking through a travel agent. 

As one of the ones on the first trip out to Dubrovnik in early May, who also had a last minute change of hotel, I am really surprised that this has happened twice in the same year with the same hotel.  I'm glad that your alternative hotel was acceptable.

SarahS
(Member)
I always book direct with JY. I often have queries such as provisional flight times, and flight upgrade prices, so it's easier to phone and speak to someone who as access to any information I need.