RogertheRed
(Member) (Topic Starter)
As this was a one location holiday I will not comment on a day to day basis.

Tour Manager.

Vlatka Milevoj was absolutely brilliant throughout, changing the itinery so that we got the most of the best weather and only encountered two heavy showers although we did have overnight heavy rain at times.

Excelsior Hotel.

Very good, modern, clean and with a good variety of food for every taste. For beer connoisseurs there was no draught beers but the village of Lovran is only five minutes walk away with several bars.

Venue.

Between Icici and Lovran, both easily accessible by road or a very pleasant promenade walk.

Excursions.

Included excursions were very good. The Plitvice lakes are spectacular and well worth the long day's travelling. Pula, Rovinj and Opatija, again good and interesting tours. Don't let the olive oil tasting put you off it was very informative. If you like chocolate Opatija is the place, plenty of it and free!!

Optional excursions. I did not do the Motovun one but others reported it was a good trip. Ljubliana is very beautiful in the old part with good views from the castle. Also an excellent included meal of traditional Croatian food. A surprise awaits you on the return trip which I will not divulge. The weather for the boat trip was excellent and both islands were well worth a visit, however the walk to the village on Cres is quite long and steep.

A couple of tips:-

1. If going to Ljubliana you'll need a few Euros, say 5 to 10, for coffee etc., and a 50 cent coin for the comfort break, although you get this back if you buy something.

2. It is approximately 10% cheaper to book and pay for the excursions in the UK.

A very good holiday with a great group of people who mixed well.

Finally our Tour Manager (Vlatka) was excellent and made the holiday. No praise is too high for her.

P.S. If anyone requires further info please ask.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Roger

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Croatia. I agree with you in that the Plitvice Lakes are spectacular

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member)
Glad you had a good time Roger.  It's such a nice holiday.  Good also to hear that "V" was as excellent as always. :)

Weirdly enough  I got draught beer in the hotel last year.  :huh:

SarahS
(Member)
So glad you did write a review. Sounds like another trip for my list
Smiggins
(Member)
I totally agree with Roger I have done many Just You holidays and this was one of the best.

We were a large group 35 but everyone had one agenda to enjoy the holiday, but we nearly all

agreed that a few more days would have been perfect.

Vlatka was brilliant full of little snippets of local knowledge. I particularly was interested in 

the history of the communist era.

I did all of the excursions and the long journeys were through beautiful scenery so were not

A problem

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Roger

Thanks for the review. This trip is on my list and hopefully I will manage to do it within the next couple of year. At the moment am concentrating on long hauls.

Jaya