gill54
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
There were only 12 of us so a quick hello to Lynn, Kim, and Jen.

Check in at Heathrow was not good as I was told that BA had overbooked the flight. There was no JY rep but a BA assistant helped me sort it out with the check in staff. I was told that I should have checked in on line and then I would have had a seat number. I had booked Premium seating both ways and was told that I had only paid for the return premium seat.

I insisted that I had paid for both ways and after a phone call she said oh yes you have paid! Not a good start to the holiday.

Hotel was nice and we had a good breakfast each morning. Organised evening meals with JY were fine too. The Cheers bar did lack some atmosphere though as the eating area is extremely small. Excursions fine. Lovely area around the harbour.

We should have take off at 10 30 Pm from Boston but delayed until 02 45 a.m. so hoping to get a refund from BA.

So it was a nice trip apart from having to travel with BA!

Gill

turnke
(Member)
Hi Gill

Which hotel did you stay at?

Boston is one of my favourite cities and flying there in a couple of weeks.

Keith

gill54
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'turnke' wrote:

Hi Gill

Which hotel did you stay at?

Boston is one of my favourite cities and flying there in a couple of weeks.

Keith

Hello Keith

It was the Boston Park Plaza it was quite close to the public park and Common. Rooms a little tired but very clean. Some of us had a few meals there too and no complaints there.

Have a good trip.

Gill

turnke
(Member)
Gill

Thanks very much,I am staying there for a couple of nights.

I have stayed at several hotels there,usually the Midtown,which JustYou used to use.

Keith

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Gill and Keith,

Love Boston, such a great city. Sorry that you had problems Gill with the flights-what a nightmare :dodgy:

Have a great trip Keith, I know you will- any ice hockey booked ?

Jan

turnke
(Member)
'janib' wrote:

Hello Gill and Keith,

Love Boston, such a great city. Sorry that you had problems Gill with the flights-what a nightmare :dodgy:

Jan

Hi Jan,Not this time,only in Boston 2 nights and it is in between preseason and opening night,but,staying with friends in April near New York and going to 6 games then.3 Islanders,2 Devils and one Rangers.

Keith

RUSSELL
(Member)
'turnke' wrote:

'janib' wrote:

Hello Gill and Keith,

Jan

Hi Jan,Not this time,only in Boston 2 nights and it is in between preseason and opening night,but,staying with friends in April near New York and going to 6 games then.3 Islanders,2 Devils and one Rangers.

Keith

Hi Keith , thought it was you when the conversation turned to ice hockey. Off on New England trip in a few weeks. Get to Boston, Toronto and Montreal. Have looked at ice hockey teams "schedules" but don't think if I am in the right place at the right time.If I need any advice I will email you or contact you on facebook, as you are my ice hockey go to person, ha. Russell Kerfoot

turnke
(Member)
'RUSSELL' wrote:

'turnke' wrote:

'janib' wrote:

Hello Gill and Keith,

Jan

Keith

Hi Keith , thought it was you when the conversation turned to ice hockey. Off on New England trip in a few weeks. Get to Boston, Toronto and Montreal. Have looked at ice hockey teams "schedules" but don't think if I am in the right place at the right time.If I need any advice I will email you or contact you on facebook, as you are my ice hockey go to person, ha. Russell Kerfoot

Hi Russell

When I booked the trip,the hockey schedule had not been published,I think the Bruins home opener is the day after I leave Boston.Check NHL.com,each team has a link and they show their games by list or in calendar form.In St.Louis, Jan and I were able to buy tickets easily,Boston,Montreal and Toronto are more popular locally so may be difficult to buy on the day.Even if you don't buy in advance,it is worth checking each team to see if how many seats are left.You may be able to get minor league tickets,Toronto have a farm team in the city,Montreal and Toronto also have junior leagues.Minor teams within Boston are mainly the Colleges and some of the rivalries can be "entertaining".The other teams in the Boston area are difficult to get back from to the city,as trains seem to stop very early.

Keith

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Russell,

Will the baseball be still on at Fenway Park or the Skydome? Seen baseball at both, not sure when the season ends. We were at Montreal for Halloween, Sarah wanted to see the racetrack, gates were closed and we were not allowed over to the Island. Most disappointed.

Jan