Angela Bingham
(Member) (Topic Starter)
As promised here is a short review of my holiday to Kerala. I won't go into detail as this may spoil it for those planning to go so will just give an overview.

After checking in at Heathrow we were given the use of the executive lounge, this was fabulous, comfy seating in a quiet environment with free food and drink (soft drinks and alcoholic ones) so no need to pay to eat in the airport.

On arrival we transferred to a domestic flight to Cochin which all went very smoothly. Luxurious hotel in Cochin to enjoy for two nights.

The rest of the holiday was very good, much more relaxing than the spirit of India that I went on previously. Hotels generally good but personnally I felt that the hotel Wild Corridor was below standard, not all of my group shared this view however.

The rice boat trip was the highlight of the holiday for me, very comfortable with private ensuite facilities on board and very good food.

All together a very happy holiday. A couple of points worth mentioning about the hotels. Hair dryers were not supplied in the rooms but could be obtained from reception on request. Some hotel accommodation involved walking up and down steepish paths, a torch would be useful to take for night time trips back to the room.

Food was very good throughout the holiday, spicy on the whole, but other options usually available including salad bars.

Be prepared for a very tiring return trip home as the flight doesn't leave Mumbai until 2.20 AM but you actually be in your travel home at 10.00AM the previous day.

I hope this is useful.

Ange Bingham

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ange,

Thank you for taking the time to give an overview of this holiday for the rest of the community.

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the trip - the rice boat trip is a popular highlight for many of our travellers.

Kindest regards,

Julia

lesley07
(Member)
Hi Ange

Thanks for the review of the Kerala trip. Sounds as if you had a great time. I am now looking forward to my holiday in September.

Regards

Lesley

Angela Bingham
(Member) (Topic Starter)
The last sentence of my review should read "you actually begin your travel home......"

Sorry for any confusion.

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Angela, What a tantalising review ! 🙂
Angela Bingham
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Marks ! It was a very good holiday, would have liked it to be a bit longer though as the travelling eats into your holiday time.

Ange

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ange

Thank you for your review. I am looking forward to this trip in November. Am already counting the days. Did you have time to enjoy any spa treatments?

Jaya

Angela Bingham
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jaya

Myself and Penny booked facials at the first hotel but had to cancel due to unforeseen time constraints. Penny went on to have a facial at the next hotel but I didn't. There wasn't a lot of free time to fit treatments in.

Ange X

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Angela. I will try to fit in some treatments providing there is enough time as would not like to rush. It would be nice if this trip was a bit longer.

Jaya