jonah
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just have to say how gutted I am at what has happened in Kerala over the last few days.  I had a memorable holiday in this beautiful gentle part of India and it is tragic that this disaster has overtaken the people there.

I also feel extremely sorry for anyone going later this year as unfortunately you won't see the area at its best.

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Jonah,

We’re aware of the tragic events in Kerala and we’re in continuous contact with local agents and receiving updates from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, so we can monitor the situation.

The flooding is forecast to lessen this week and a clean-up operation has started. We don’t currently have any tours in the region and our next tour departs on September 13.

If any changes to the itinerary are needed as a result of flood damage we will contact customers straight away to let them know.

Thanks,

Vickie

SueStricks
(Member)
'jonah' wrote:

Just have to say how gutted I am at what has happened in Kerala over the last few days.  I had a memorable holiday in this beautiful gentle part of India and it is tragic that this disaster has overtaken the people there.

I also feel extremely sorry for anyone going later this year as unfortunately you won't see the area at its best.

I wanted to say I agree Jonah- I had a lovely holiday there last year - at that time we saw the devastating effect of heavy rains but nothing on this scale- and my heart goes out to the people there- several big charities have appeals running if anyone’s is interested in donating btw