JustAndy103
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi All

I have just recently returned from this trip for the 2nd time, And the 4th time in this particular area all with "Just You". All be it 2 of these trips were over the Festive Period. I am often asked by my colleagues, friends & And my fellow Just You travellers as to why I return to the same place. Anyone that has ever considered going to this part of the world, Should really give it a go, As it is one of the most amazing places ever. The Hotel in which we are based is set in a beautiful little town right by Lake Attersee where you can see the beautiful sun sets weather permitting. What I will say, Is that this country does see the sun more often than you may think, And it can get extremely hot and just as much as any beach location. All the excursions, both included or optional are all extremely intersting, And if you like to do a spot of walking there are ample routes suitable for all standards and very well marked where you cant get lost.Even ,if you go on any excursions,and with advice,from your tour manager. If you have had enough looking around the shops. There are ample short routes to have a wander, time permitting .The food is amazing, and if you like to dabble with a spot of cake and coffee, then this is certainly the Country to visit.

One of the first things you will notice more or less on arrival, As how clean this Country is regardless where or when you visit, you will barely see any litter, As the Austrians are so proud of their country.

It is an ideal location and not to distant for first time travellers. The locals are so friendly and are all to willing to look after you, As this is one Country that are probably top of the hospitality world, Particularly with their winter activities. However now having been, In winter, spring & summer, And experiencing, snow, rain and shine, Regardless of the Weather, The scernery is brilliant for budding photographers or happy snappers alike.

And if you enjoy a spot of cruising ( as per my picture, Me being all nautical lol ) Which was taken On the Lake, in Hallstatt, A beautiful little town, Which was our only day of drizzle, However it was so refreshing.

Of course this Country also has the beautiful City of Salzburg, With lovely cultural buildings and churches, Where you can experience the sounds of up and comming musicians.

Go on Give it a go and enjoy the experience

Regards Andy

DawnP
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Andy

Sounds like a lovely place. May be worth thinking of for my 2nd solo trip.

If I survive my first lol

Dawn

JustAndy103
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi DawnP

You will survive your first trip, without any problems, Infact You will be wondering what all the fuss is about. And yes you should put Austria on your places to visit. You would not be disappointed

Have a good trip

Andy

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I to have done this tour only the once in my case a couple of years ago. It is indeed well worth going on and is great for a photo shoot holiday some great pictures to be had. Hotel excellent and staff were just so nice. I am a vegetarian and they always tried to provide me with a meal. My bedroom overlooked the lake at the front and the view when opening the curtains in the morning was great. As also was the cake, coffee and icecream restraunte just a short walk away, spent many a happy time indulging in there after being out for the day. One day myself and three other ladies did not do the optional tour so we caught the local bus and spent a pleasant few hours at the next village along.

Cindy

Ebs
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Andy,

I´ve been thinking of doing this holiday next year and the sound of your testimony I´m most likely to book it for next year.

I have been thinking early June, what type of wheather I could expect at that time?

JustAndy103
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Ebs

I am afraid as for the weather, I suppose like everywhere, You just dont know. However when I was there recently, Our first day was a little damp but not cold. However by the second day, it was very warm indeed,. But you really need to be equipped for both. I am not sure if Just You will have a June trip, As I dont have next years brochures as yet, which I believe are due out soon. I will probably visit again next year also. As it is a great little trip

Andy

Ebs
  • (Member)
(Member)
I am also waiting for the new brochure to come out so I can book a trip, hopefully two for next year.

I have always wanted to do 'New England in fall' trip so I'm hoping that it would be in next year, Hawaii would be nice too.

But I would like to see the Austrian lakes, since the photos I have seen from there are absolutely beautiful.

I'm going to Edinburgh this Christmas so that would be my first Just You trip. I have been there before only for few days with my sister so I'm really lookng forward to it.

So my ideal would be Austrian lakes for summer and New England for fall.

Erica

loopilil
(Member)
Hi,

I was also considering this trip this year but one review said there were alot of insects which put me off a little, so I went to Italy instead (which was fantastic). Might do this one next year after all. How bad are the insects?

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
loopolil

I must admit the insects were not a problem for me in Austria unlike Kenya where I was eaten alive!!!!, the hotel does look out over the lake, which is where you can get insects by the waters edge and near by, I must admitt it would of been so nice to have my windows wide open when I was in the room but I never took the chance. I would not let the CHANCE of insect put you off this tour it is a really nice tour to go on. There are many applications on the market that you can get to help you with insect problem's.

Cindy

JustAndy103
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi All

I have now visited this Country and on this trip in May and August, And I would not say that the insect issue is any worse than in the UK, Of course there are insects, Sign of a healthy country I say. But it is really not that bad, And I would say personally that it should not be detrimental in choosing this trip. As long as you pack some insect repellant you will be fine

Regards Andy

Lynne Shields
(Member)
I am going on my first solo holiday to Austria in October and although I'm slightly anxious, I'm looking forward to it. It's a country I've always wanted to visit and this seemed the best way to do it, as part of a group. Reading your review and the responses you've had I must say has helped settle my nerves a little bit. Lynne
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have been to Austria many times, not with Just You. I love Austria and throughly recommend a holiday there. I have spent a lot of time in Mayrhofen in the Tyrol and been on lots of trips. Salzburg is lovely and so is Innsbruck. I have never been bothered by insects though you may come across horse flies if walking through the forests. Thinking of Austria brings back so many lovely memories. Anyone going to Austria will have a great time.

Jaya

AprilJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
I'm booked to go on my first JY holiday to Austria in August and cant wait, but thanks for the tip, I will pack plenty of Insect repellent.

April

JustAndy103
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi All

What I will say, If you plan to catch some sun, Or spend sometime by Lake Attersee, Then I recommend that you take a towel. Although the towels in the rooms, Are very good. I would not say the are suitable for bathing with. Just a wee note

Andy