nixon
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Julia

Just me being NOSEY:thumbup: I received an updated issue brochure on Tuesday and I noticed the hotel JY use on the Austrian lakes tour has been changed, do you know why?:huh:

As the view I had from my bedroom window was stunning looking across the lake when I stayed there, but I do remember there was no lift.:dodgy:

Cindy:angel:

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Happy New Year to you Cindy,

I'm going to call you Eagle-Eyed Cindy from now on!

You're right, we have changed the hotel this year. I'm sure you know that we regularly review the various elements that make up a tour, from excursions to hotels during this process we take into consideration the comments and results from the customer questionnaires. This change has simply come about as part of this review.

Kindest regards,

Julia

nixon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Julia

Happy NY to you, eagle eyed LOL... I do a fair amount of proof reading so I am used to scanning my eyes over things and picking things up!!!. It's good you take a review on customer feed back. I am sure it is for the better on the whole.

Cindy

Gwyn
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks for pointing this out, Cindy!

I will seriously consider repeating this holiday now that the somewhat eccentric hotel has been replaced! It was ok, but the owner had something of Basil Fawlty to him!

nixon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Gwyn' wrote:

Thanks for pointing this out, Cindy!

I will seriously consider repeating this holiday now that the somewhat eccentric hotel has been replaced! It was ok, but the owner had something of Basil Fawlty to him!

Gwyn

Your reply did make me laugh, he was rather strange! But over all it was a stunning location so that made up for Basil, and I liked the coffee/cake/ice cream place near by...

Was a very nice tour and I can see why people re do this one.

Cindy

Gwyn
  • (Member)
(Member)
There have been some hysterically funny stories about Basil (probably on this forum & definitely on other unmoderated ones).

He seemed to have a problem with people enjoying themselves - on several nights he claimed to have run out of beer, gin, white wine etc. We ended up going to a much more welcoming establishment in the village. Mind you, mein host there was another card - he dressed up as Emperor Franz Joseph and had an impressive collection of memorabilia relating to that old rascal. Quite a village for eccentrics and our (English) tour guide was another!!

Bosuncat
(Member)
The new hotel reads very well.

Getting a great mental picture of the Emperor! :thumbup:

nixon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Gwyn

I know the other establishment you mentioned as you say strange... Maybe we were in a village from the old TV programme tales of the unexpected..the tour manager on mine was a lady who lived out that way so I didn't have the same one as you..sounds like you had FUN!! On your tour...

Cindy