katy1717
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Vickie/Jamie

Am very interested in the new TS 30 day trip, as are a couple of JY friends (we've all been on dozens of JY and TS trips between us).

We'd like to arrange to go on the same trip, so we know we have buddies to go out for an evening meal with etc, but cant manage to do any trip next year (2020) as we are all pretty booked up already.

So, we'd like to go on the first guaranteed trip to go at the end of 2021 (early 2021 already spoken for).  (Yes, I know, but we do like to book our trips early.)

Our questions are, when will the dates for the end of 2021 come out?  And, bearing in mind an earlier response I had from Vickie that TS only usually take 3 solo travellers on this trip, how can we arrange it so that we can be sure that we can all get booked on the same date?

A further Q I have is, if after I have booked, would I be able to slightly adjust the booking and take off the flight to do the holiday only - just thinking I may like to add something at the beginning or the end and maybe sort out my own flights.

Many thanks

Katy

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Katy,

That's great to hear that Australia is on your list! 🙂

Some 2021 tour dates will be in our September brochure, however this may only be for the first half of the year, as we are still working on later dates. But, Australia and New Zealand to tend to be further in advance, so they may be included for the full year. Apologies I can't give more of a definitive answer at the moment, as we're still working on finalising them.

Regarding booking, to have all the customers booked on the same date, we could look at having 1 passenger as the lead passenger and have the rest of the passengers on the same booking. The lead passenger can give us the authority to discuss and amend the booking and take payments. You could also book in pairs where each individual booking would have a lead passenger and a second passenger. There is also the option of booking your own holiday as individuals, as you say, but a solo supplement may apply, and you would all be in charge of your own booking and receive your own documentation. If you wanted to do that, then you would need to give us a call once the dates are released. If we have more than the allotted number of solo travellers wanting to book the trip, we may be able to add more solo places, but this would depend at the time.

At the moment our Make Your Own Way option is not possible for Australia, due to the fact there are internal flights involved, so we can only offer this as a package, so you wouldn't be able to book your own flights. This is something we're looking into for the future, but at the moment we can't offer it.

Many thanks,

Vickie

Lucinda
(Member)
Is there a reason why this tour is not run as a JY you one, as this is the trip I’d really like to do as it includes the Darwin area too- is it likely to be included ?
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Vickie,

I'm one of those very interested in the Travelsphere 30 day tour of Australia in 2021!  Can I just ask you to confirm that it is the Wonders of Australia itinerary that will be on offer for 2021?  I presume that, seeing as there are no 2020 dates for the Grand Tour of Australia, that the Wonders tour is replacing it.  I have looked at various itineraries of Australia over the years with numerous different companies and the new TS Wonders of Australia tour is by far the best itinerary I have come across!  A lot more wildlife, visiting Rottnest Island (can't wait to see the quokkas!), Kangaroo Island and Stradbrooke Island, as well as all the main sights in Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Sydney, Darwin, Port Douglas and Brisbane - just perfect!  So I am hoping that the 2021 dates will be released in full in September or soon afterwards as I will be booking straight away!

All the best,

Bob

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Lucinda,

There’s no particular reason, they are just different itineraries for the different brands.

Travelsphere is doing Northern Territories (Darwin – Kakadu – Katherine), but Just You is touring New South Wales (Sydney – overnight in Port Macquarie – Brisbane). To include all of this in the same tour would be too long.

If you're interested in doing a Just You tour which includes Darwin, we have a Festive departure for 2020 which tours the Northern Territories 🙂

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Vickie

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Bob,

Yes that's correct, the Wonders of Australia tour will be replacing the Grand Tour of Australia.

I'm really glad to hear you like the itinerary! 🙂

Some of the 2021 dates will be in the September brochure, but it may be for the first half of 2021, with further dates coming soon after, this just depends if we have all dates confirmed for the September brochure.

Many thanks,

Vickie

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Many thanks Vickie, that is great news! 

Can't wait!!

All the best, 

Bob

katy1717
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Vickie, thanks for the information.  I have a further question please - I'm confused about the timings and days of arrival in Perth at the beginning of the holiday.

There are 2 options from Heathrow to Perth.  The first is the recently introduced 17hour nonstop flight - this leaves London on Day 1 at 12.10 (about noon in the UK) and arrives in Perth at 11.55 (about noon in Perth) on the next day, ie day 2.  The second option departs at 20.45 from London (Day1) and arrives Perth at 0.30 am on Day 3 - goes via Singapore and takes longer.

If you look at the itinerary - as shown on the website -  it says that you travel to Perth and arrive on Day 3 - but, it seems that you would arrive on Day 2 under the first option above.  The second option you would arrive very early on Day 3.  

So how would that work with the hotels and check in?  If you took the first option and arrived at noon you would have 4 full nights hotel (which seems to be what the brochure implies, if not the website), the second flights option and you would check in at the hotel in the early hours of day 3 and have the rest of that night + 3 further nights in Perth presumably.

Have I understood this correctly?  I think the website may be incorrect?  

Trying to get this right and pick the right option if possible, as I suspect the jet lag will be horrendous.

Many thanks

Katy

katy1717
(Member) (Topic Starter)
HI Vickie,

could you find out if my assumptions re outbound flights/stay in Perth is correct? The website and brochure imply two different things.

thanks

K

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Katy

My understanding is that those who arrive early morning on day 3 will get their rooms on arrival instead of having to wait till the usual check in time. If I was you I would take the direct flight!

Regards

Jaya

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Katy,

Our main flight is going from Heathrow to Perth via Singapore which will arrive in the early hours of Day 3. However, we have arranged a pre-registration night for this case so passengers arriving early hours of Day 3 can go straight to the hotel. We are simply booking a full-day accommodation the night before as they don’t do early check-ins.

For customers travelling on a direct flight to Perth and arriving in the afternoon of Day 2, they can also go straight into the hotel. Check-in is at 1400 which will work fine with the flight arriving at 11.55am.

For customers arriving on a different flight from our main one, we have contracted regional transfers and there will be Meet & Greet person in Arrivals.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Vickie

katy1717
(Member) (Topic Starter)