Jenny_D
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello

I am interested in the Peru trip in August 2019 and I was wondering if you could tell me the group number and age range?

Also, it says on the website that the 2019 trips

will have a homestay. Could you explain what this means in more detail? I have to say that the idea of staying in a stranger's home is putting me off booking the trip so any reassurance you could provide would be great! 

Jenny

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Jenny,

There are 4 people booked on this trip so far. They're all ladies and their ages range from early 50s to mid 70s.

Sure, no problem. This is a completely one-off experience, where you will stay one night with a local family. Your host family will welcome you on arrival and after showing you around their home, you'll sit down to lunch with them.

Later, you'll journey to one of island's highest points, an ancient ruin known as the Pachatata ceremonial center, where we'll watch the sun as it sets. We'll then head back to our hosts' homes, where dinner will be served accompanied by traditional music.

You will be staying in their home with your fellow travellers, there are a number of homes next to each other, so you won't be staying alone. Your Tour Manager will be with you and will stay in one of the homes too.

I hope this has reassured you but please let me know if you have any further questions and I will be happy to answer them 🙂

Many thanks,

Vickie

SarahS
(Member)
I like to meet the locals on tours, and am happy to eat wth them. On tours with other operators the whole group has eaten in a private home, but I definitely wouldn’t want to spend the nght alone with strangers.
Super Star
(Member)
Hi everyone

The idea of a home stay for one night sounds brilliant to me.  What better way to get under the skin of the country and meet the locals.  The families are obviously keen to meet us as we are them.  Great idea predominantly for countries with a totally different culture to ours ie Asia and South America.

I am sure that if a family homestay turned out to be unsuitable, they would be removed from the list.  

Super Star

RosemaryRuddy
(Member)
'Hi wrote:

Hi Jenny,

There are 4 people booked on this trip so far. They're all ladies and their ages range from early 50s to mid 70s.

Sure, no problem. This is a completely one-off experience, where you will stay one night with a local family. Your host family will welcome you on arrival and after showing you around their home, you'll sit down to lunch with them.

Later, you'll journey to one of island's highest points, an ancient ruin known as the Pachatata ceremonial center, where we'll watch the sun as it sets. We'll then head back to our hosts' homes, where dinner will be served accompanied by traditional music.

You will be staying in their home with your fellow travellers, there are a number of homes next to each other, so you won't be staying alone. Your Tour Manager will be with you and will stay in one of the homes too.

I hope this has reassured you but please let me know if you have any further questions and I will be happy to answer them 🙂

Many thanks,

Vickie