janice10
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi 2 weeks to go and would welcome advise on best way to take my travel money, ? US dollars or are credit/debit cards accepted ?
Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Janice

I have just seen your post regarding currency. 

We are taking US dollars which must be in pristine condition, no folds in them and no marks on them!

This was the information we were given by a previous JY Burma traveller. There is a very good review "Barefoot in Burma" with additional posts from a couple of years ago which gives a lot of information. Think Bob may have written it, but it might have been Hils.

I will also take some sterling. I think that travellers on a previous trip exchanged some of their USD for kyats at the airport after landing. I obviously don't know whether we will be able to do that this time as there are 23 of us and it will no doubt take a fair bit of time.

A few of us are staying at the Premier Inn, 15 Bath Rd on 11th Nov and we are meeting for dinner at 7pm. If you or anyone else on the tour is staying there you would be welcome to join us, if you wish. (We are also seeing a JY friend who we met in 2016 in Borneo).

10 days to go, so now on countdown, exciting. Am looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing Burma, plus seeing  Branwen our Tour manager again, after being our TM in Vietnam.

Kind Regards

Di

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi both

Credit/debit cards are accepted in most places and I am glad you enjoyed my review Dina.

Regards

janice10
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Many thanks will get my USD's tomorrow did you get just high denomination notes or mix ?
Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jonah

Thank you for your comments. Many apologies for not giving you initially the credit for that review. I hadn't read it recently, but have just had a quick look again and will read it and all the posts on Burma properly before our departure date. The title of your review just stuck in my mind.

Have a good time in Cambodia! (if I have that correct)

Hi Janice

Yes, I have got mixed notes and I will also be taking a credit card with me, which is what I always do.

Kind regards

Di

janice10
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Dina' wrote:

Hi Jonah

Thank you for your comments. Many apologies for not giving you initially the credit for that review. I hadn't read it recently, but have just had a quick look again and will read it and all the posts on Burma properly before our departure date. The title of your review just stuck in my mind.

Have a good time in Cambodia! (if I have that correct)

Hi Janice

Yes, I have got mixed notes and I will also be taking a credit card with me, which is what I always do.

Kind regards

Di

Thanks for the tips Dina, I am also booked at the Premier Inn if arrive in time would love to take up your offer to join you all for dinner at 7pm.

janice10
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for the tips Dina, also staying at the Premier Inn Bath Rd, if arrive in time hope to take up your offer to join you and the others for dinner at 7pm.
Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Janice

Look forward to meeting you on Sunday evening if you make it in time, failing that see you somewhere along the line Monday morning.

Di

ksf1
  • (Member)
(Member)
I shall be taking $dollars and credit card. Now to find these reviews

I will be coming up Monday morning so looking forward to seeing you all at check in

Keith

AbbaDave
(Member)
'janice10' wrote:

Thanks for the tips Dina, also staying at the Premier Inn Bath Rd, if arrive in time hope to take up your offer to join you and the others for dinner at 7pm.

Hi Janice 

I did post message the other day which went AWOL see you at PI restaurant entrance just b4 7 on Sunday if ur a little late or we miss each other the tables booked in the name of Hanson

Hopefully see you there Dave