Bosuncat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Good morning Vickie.ย  :)

Can you confirm for me that Hotel Barcelรณ Punta Umbria Mar (Costa de la Luz trip) charges 4 euros a day for the use of the room safe please?

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat,

According to the information we have from the hotel's website, they state that their safes are free of charge ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks,

Vickie

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Vickie' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

According to the information we have from the hotel's website, they state that their safes are free of charge ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks,

Vickie

Thanks Vickie.ย  I last went 4 years ago, and the room safes were chargeable on a daily rate which I (and others) thought was rather steep.ย  If they are no longer charging then that's fine.ย  Alternatively if they do charge I will factor the price in to my spending money.ย  Perhaps someone who has already been this year would be able to confirm?

๐Ÿ™‚

Jellifer
(Member)
'Vickie' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

Thanks,

Vickie

Iโ€™m pretty sure I had to pay for it back in May.

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Elaine

I have never been charged to use a safe when on JY tours. Once I think some ladies had to use a hotel safe box.

Cindy

Chris84
(Member)
Hi

Most likely you will have to put a deposit down if you want to lock the safe in the room, which you would get back at the end of your stay, rather than a daily rental fee.

Chris

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jellifer' wrote:

'Vickie' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

Thanks,

Vickie

Iโ€™m pretty sure I had to pay for it back in May.

I wanted to say thanks for your reply to my TA question re the bath slip mat.ย  ๐Ÿ™‚ ย  Looks as though I ill be packing a small one as I can find a definite answer on that either.ย  I last went 4 years ago and the room safe was payable then, and several reviews have mentioned it.

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nixon' wrote:

Elaine

I have never been charged to use a safe when on JY tours. Once I think some ladies had to use a hotel safe box.

Cindy

Thanks Cindy.ย  I think I have only been on one JY trip in Europe where the room safe was F.O.C.

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Chris84' wrote:

Hi

Most likely you will have to put a deposit down if you want to lock the safe in the room, which you would get back at the end of your stay, rather than a daily rental fee.

Chris

Thanks Chris.ย  I think that is probably going to be the case, which I don't mind too much as long as I know how much, so that I can factor it in.ย  It's been confusing because several TA reviews have mentioned use on a daily basis of 3-4 euros which I think is somewhat steep. ย 

Vickie is there a chance that you can get a definite answer from the hotel so that anyone else on the remaining trips this year is aware?ย  Thanks.ย  :huh:

I am already aware that the hotel spa charges 10 euros per hour for the use of the spa, and that you pay 10 euros deposit for a beach towel which you get back at the end of the trip.

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

Can you confirm for me that Hotel Barcelรณ Punta Umbria Mar (Costa de la Luz trip) charges 4 euros a day for the use of the room safe please?

I've just been onto the hotel's Q&A section (via TA) where someone asked the same question.ย ย  The reply from the hotel was that the safe costs 4 euros per day, no mention of it being refundable.ย ย  Someone else commented that it was 28 euros for the week but the safe was large with plenty of room to keep medication etc.ย  Yet another commented that they had felt the place to be perfectly safe so they hadn't bothered to rent a safe.ย ย  So it's up to you whether what you have needs to go in a safe or whether you can "lose" things in your locked suitcase (dirty laundry, case lining etc).

Whatever you do, have a happy holiday Bosuncat.

Ann

SarahS
(Member)
Iโ€™ve paid at least twice for hotel safes. ย In Prague and Andalucia. Both quite reasonable. In Appulia there were no room safes, but valuablesย could be left at no charge in sealed envelopes in the safe at reception. ย Security for money and passports is very important. ย Other operators routinely provide information ย on availability of safes, whether in room or at hotel reception in brochures. Can JY start to do the same please. Are safes available in all hotels used on the Cambodia and Laos tour?
Vickie
(Member)
Hi all,

Yes, I'll ask the team to get in touch with the hotel so we can double check this.

Sarah, I'll find out about safes on the Cambodia tour and I'll pass your question onto the team regarding providing information about safes.

Thanks,

Vickie

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'AnnF' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

I've just been onto the hotel's Q&A section (via TA) where someone asked the same question.ย ย  The reply from the hotel was that the safe costs 4 euros per day, no mention of it being refundable.ย ย  Someone else commented that it was 28 euros for the week but the safe was large with plenty of room to keep medication etc.ย  Yet another commented that they had felt the place to be perfectly safe so they hadn't bothered to rent a safe.ย ย  So it's up to you whether what you have needs to go in a safe or whether you can "lose" things in your locked suitcase (dirty laundry, case lining etc).

Whatever you do, have a happy holiday Bosuncat.

Ann

Thanks Ann. ย  ๐Ÿ™‚

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Vickie' wrote:

Hi all,

Yes, I'll ask the team to get in touch with the hotel so we can double check this.

Sarah, I'll find out about safes on the Cambodia tour and I'll pass your question onto the team regarding providing information about safes.

Thanks,

Vickie

Thanks Vickie.ย  I think a definite answer is needed.ย  If you haven't already done so is it possible to ask if they provide non slip mats for the inside of the shower/baths please?ย  If not, is it in order for me to bring my own?ย  I know it sounds silly, but it's a health and safety thing for me.ย  The hotel in Spain last year provided one for the bath (shower overhead), which was replaced each day, and I found it really useful. ย 

And I agree with Sarah.ย  It would be really useful for JY to put things like this on their website so customers are aware when they are booking.

Thanks again.

davidj
(Member)
'SarahS' wrote:

Iโ€™ve paid at least twice for hotel safes. ย In Prague and Andalucia. Both quite reasonable. In Appulia there were no room safes, but valuablesย could be left at no charge in sealed envelopes in the safe at reception. ย Security for money and passports is very important. ย Other operators routinely provide information ย on availability of safes, whether in room or at hotel reception in brochures. Can JY start to do the same please. Are safes available in all hotels used on the Cambodia and Laos tour?

I went to Cambodia and Laos in Febuary and they had free safes. However, it is my recent experience that nowadays Just You do tend to change the hotels quite frequently.

andydurrant
(Member)
I've been on five JY holidays to various places, and I've yet to pay for a safe, most of them have been the ones where you enter a code and don't have to rent a key.

Only time I've ever had to pay for safes is when I've booked hotels abroad independently.

Mike A
(Member)
I had to pay in Andalucia in April. Quite steep.
Vickie
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat,

The hotel don't provide bath mats, but you can of course bring your own to use ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks,

Vickie

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat

Regarding non-slip bath mats.

As you know from Slovenia I am not exactly nimble and always have a fear of falling so when ever I think the shower floor is slippy I always put one of my hand towels down in the shower. Bit naughty I suppose but ...safer.

Have a good holiday!

best wishes

Di

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Vickie' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

The hotel don't provide bath mats, but you can of course bring your own to use ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks,

Vickie

Thank you Vickie. ย  ๐Ÿ™‚