DavidG
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello,

Following comments in the Forum, out of interest I checked my costs. I am booked on holiday no. XXXXXXX and the price shown to upgrade to business class is £2779. Checking on the Malaysian website the difference is only £1600!

I cannot understand such a large difference.

(Edited to remove booking reference)

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon DavidG,

We have checked the Malaysian website for public fares and the £1600 upgrade is not possible bearing in mind the economy fares we are paying – in order to get the holiday prices as cheap as we can – were contracted a long time ago and the current best upgrade fare Malaysian online can offer is £3225.65 including a current promotion on the outbound flights.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Liz P
  • (Member)
(Member)
Maybe you can get an upgrade at the airport?
manrod
(Member)
It does vary, also depending on the airline I think. I got an excellent upgrade price for my Christmas in Vietnam for which I am delighted, so its worthwhile always checking
Moderator2
(Member)
'Liz P' wrote:

Good Morning,

Apologies for the delayed response.

I have just spoken to my colleagues and they have advised that an upgrade at the airport is only ever possible if the flight in economy is full.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

SylviaJ
(Member)
'Moderator2' wrote:

'Liz P' wrote:

Good Morning,

Apologies for the delayed response.

I have just spoken to my colleagues and they have advised that an upgrade at the airport is only ever possible if the flight in economy is full.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Hi All

I find Mildred's second paragraph hard to believe.  I would have thought airlines are always open to making money!

Regards

Sylvia

Liz P
  • (Member)
(Member)
Mildred's response IS add as you CAN get an upgrade at the airport if you pay for it - and of course if they have seats in the upgrade section.

And in fact I can confirm this as when I did the Canada trip in Sept, 1 of the group did buy an upgrade at LHR on the BA flight.

Kimbeverley
(Member)
'Liz P' wrote:

Mildred's response IS add as you CAN get an upgrade at the airport if you pay for it - and of course if they have seats in the upgrade section.

And in fact I can confirm this as when I did the Canada trip in Sept, 1 of the group did buy an upgrade at LHR on the BA flight.

When I did the route 66 to America I upgraded at the airport, just went over to customer services and asked them, if they have any space they will sell a upgrade to you and it is a lot cheaper to do it that way.

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi Kimbeverley

Thanks for the info. I shall try booking an upgrade via the airport next year.

Regards

Sylvia