SueP365
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi can any Just You travellers who have been on this trip before, please let me know if the meals are buffet style or set meals. also where about are the meals taken? is it in the actual hotel, or across the road in the restaurant?

I'm doing this trip on 15th October and was just wondering what the meal arrangements were.

many thanks

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue

When I went a few years ago all meals were taken in the restraunte area across the road, this is the hotels restraunte not somebody elses, so dont worry. The hotel only has the rooms and bar area, for the meals I am sure that we were asked the previous day to make a choice of what was on offer for the next day. there was a certain amount of buffet food going on.

Cindy

Bosuncat
(Member)
'SueP365' wrote:

Hi can any Just You travellers who have been on this trip before, please let me know if the meals are buffet style or set meals. also where about are the meals taken? is it in the actual hotel, or across the road in the restaurant?

I'm doing this trip on 15th October and was just wondering what the meal arrangements were.

many thanks

Hi Sue.

I did this trip in 2013. The meals are taken in the restaurant across the road overlooking the beach. You do have to go up a flight of outside stairs to get to the restaurant.

Unless they have changed things the breakfast is buffet. Wide ranging with some hot stuff. I believe if I remember correctly that they had bacon and eggs for example but there is a good range of cold things. Coffee is out of a machine, and is a bit strong but perfectly drinkable. They did have English tea bags as well. :thumbup:

Again, unless things have changed you are asked in the morning what you want for your main course at night. I found the food perfectly acceptable and the chef was very accommodating (even getting me apple juice in for the morning because of my citrus intolerance). I have certainly had a lot worse food in bigger hotels.

The hotel is fairly basic, but everywhere is clean and comfortable although rooms on the front of the hotel can be noisy. It is a family run hotel and everyone is very friendly and helpful but their English is fairly basic. Bar prices are very reasonable and measures are generous. :)

I personally consider it to be a good value holiday.

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
This was a useful post as we use this hotel for the Flavour of Tuscany leaving on October 8th. My other query would be- is there tea and coffee facilities in the rooms?

Jan

Bosuncat
(Member)
'janib' wrote:

This was a useful post as we use this hotel for the Flavour of Tuscany leaving on October 8th. My other query would be- is there tea and coffee facilities in the rooms?

Jan

Hi Jan:)

I can answer that in one. Unfortunately they do not.

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

'janib' wrote:

Jan

Hi Jan:)

I can answer that in one. Unfortunately they do not.

The lady in the room next to me, always had morning tea delivered to her room, obviously she would of had to pay for this. I was fine waiting for breakfast.

Cindy