Mel P
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Dear all,

I am planning to book this tour next year. To those who have done this tour can you please let me know what the beach is like?

Many thanks.

Mel

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
MEL

There is sea and sand!!!!

On a serious note....I am not a beach person so although I saw it other than saying there is the sea, I cannot remember if its pebbles on sand..I hope some one can answer your question. It is just over the road from the hotel..if I can help with anything else about this tour just ask I went a couple of years ago.

Cindy

Mel P
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Cindy for your continued help.

One question. Are we able to use kettles in our rooms? I know that catering is in the restaurant across the road.

Mel

161ann
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mel

I took this trip in May this year as my 1st trip with JY. The beach is across the road and has sun beds and umbrellas for hire. Unfortunately the weather was not beach weather for the week I was there. Further along is a public beach where you can just lie on your towel if that is what you want to do.

The dining room is across from the hotel but there is a bar in reception and seating area and the owners are happy to serve both drinks and tea or coffee as you want it. After each excursion and before and after dinner we all gathered there. Food is fantastic staff very friendly. . Take your kettle if need to but I think if you asked for tea/coffee in the morning the staff would supply it. The problem with taking a kettle is keeping your milk fresh, my room didn't have a fridge. I would recommend this trip.

Enjoy

Ann

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello, Mel

I went to Tuscany in October 2010 and our tour manager advised us not to use kettles in our rooms. I think it was that the hotel didn't like it rather than that the electricity supply wouldn't stand it. She advised us, if we absolutely had to, to keep the kettle etc tucked away when not in our room. You can get drinks, alcoholic and non, at the bar and they are very helpful.

Ann

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
MEL

I can't see why you cannot take a travel kettle, as some people use them for soups etc not always for tea..I was never told we couldn't. I did this tour 3 years ago approx. so maybe things have changed.

The lady next to my room could not start the day with out her cup of tea ( don't we all know that feeling) so she arranged with the hotel staff for a tray with tea etc to be sent to her room. You of course would have to pay for this.

There is a nice sun terrace on the top of the building which is a great sun trap..and loungers etc up there.

I do remember that they like you to run up a bill for drinks and snacks, think it makes there life easier its not a huge bar area, and when you all come back from a trip every one wants things pronto, I had no problem in doing this and it worked well for me. You do NOT have to do this you can pay as you go..if you prefer.

Cindy