Jaya
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia

Now that the tour is fully booked, could you please let me know the male:female ratio and the age range? Am just asking out of interest as I am never bothered by age ranges or the gender ratios! Also, who is going to be our tour manager.

Thank you.

Jaya

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jaya,

Of course I can.....

For the 27th May departure there are 23 travellers booked with ages from late-30s through to late-70s and the group is made up of 9 men and 14 women.

The Tour Manager provisionally allocated to this trip is Yvette Barnett.

Kindest regards,

Julia

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia,

I was re-reading Jim's very comprehensive review of the Feb departure and was wondering could you inquire, just to be sure, that when we are on the game drives in Etosha we will be in 4x4 jeeps rather than just using the bus?

Many thanks,

Bob

Jaya
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Bob, we will just have to rebel to make sure we get 4x4 jeeps! No fun doing the game drives in a bus/coach. Fingers crossed that we will get the jeeps.

Jaya

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob/Jaya,

Not rebelling required - I have been informed that you will be using "safari vehicles".

Kindest regards,

Julia

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia, I am very glad to hear that! Jaya we may keep the fighting spirit for another day!

Best wishes,

Bob

Jaya
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Bob

I actually do not have a 'fighting spirit' in me - I just let the others do the fighting whilst I reap the benefits! Great to know that there is no need for a rebellion. I am really excited about this trip. In fact I have printed out copy of Jim's comprehensive review and have read it a few times - I will be well prepared and know what to expect each day, unless the itinerary changes!!

Jaya

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jaya - snap on two fronts! I hate any kind of confrontation (although I am getting better at standing up for myself!) and I have also printed out Jim's review! I'm breaking in a new pair of shoes to use when climbing the dunes! Looks like the temperature at Swakopmund will be cooler than elsewhere (especially when out at sea) so I'm going to bring warmer clothes just for those couple of days. Then it should be linen shirts and shorts weather again!

Best wishes,

Bob

Jaya
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Bob

I will bring my trainers, but not looking forward to the sand in the shoes if I attempt to climb the dunes. I will see how I feel on the day. It does say to bring warm clothes for the Dolphin and Seal Cruise (this was in the information sent re available excursions) so I too will bring something warm for this excursion. Happy walking whilst you break in your new pair of shoes!

Jaya

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Jaya - snap on two fronts! I hate any kind of confrontation (although I am getting better at standing up for myself!) and I have also printed out Jim's review! I'm breaking in a new pair of shoes to use when climbing the dunes! Looks like the temperature at Swakopmund will be cooler than elsewhere (especially when out at sea) so I'm going to bring warmer clothes just for those couple of days. Then it should be linen shirts and shorts weather again!

Best wishes,

Bob

Bob

I watched the GRJ Railway programme, very interesting and those cheetahs were just beautiful what lovely markings they had...have fun!!

Cindy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Cindy, we will do our best!

Cheers,

Bob