suzy149
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone. Returned last week from the May 28 trip. Had a wonderful busy time. It was basically living out the suitcase as we travelled from one destination to another. I suggest travelling light! Some motels/hotels did not have a safe, but not too much of a problem if you are careful. The only negative thing i would say, if you could call it negative, is one day in St. Lois would have been enough, i was a bit disappointed with St Lois, maybe i built it up in my mind too much and expected too much. But thats just my opinion. The weather was sometimes cold, so i suggest taking a fleece, a few of us ended up buying Route 66 fleeces to keep warm. The trip was wonderful, everyone came back with far too much Route 66 memorabilia! So be warned. Richard the tour guide was full of knowledge, and I found a new interest now, reading up on the struggle to go west. Enrique the coach driver was a really good driver and drove his coach through some challengingly narrow spaces. (glad I didn't have such a large coach to drive). Met some really lovely people on the trip, everyone got on well even though we only met on his trip. Hello to Eileen, Margret and Zita if they re reading this. It was the first solo trip for me, but hopefully it will be th first of many more to come. Would do it again given the time, that's how good it was. Hello to everyone that was on this trip, hope you all arrived home safely.

Kind regards

Suzy

sunhol
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks for letting us know about your holiday, it sounds great. I've been waiting for some views on the Route 66 holiday and it is definitely on my list of places that I'd like to see. Packing lightly seems like a good idea! Lorraine
janeyalan
(Member)
Hi to everyone who Got their kicks on Route 66.

A great adventure, with so much to see.Lots of great fellow travellers and plenty of sunshine. Chicago is a beautiful city, would have loved to have spent more time there. Lots of time spent on the coach, but plenty of stops on the way. Only drawback of the trip was that many of the hotels were outt of town, so limited choice of places to eat in the evenings. Grand Canyon was awesome, and Universal studios well worth a visit, if you are doing this trip in Sept. ENJOY

kennet
  • (Member)
(Member)
'janeyalan' wrote:

A great adventure, with so much to see.Lots of great fellow travellers and plenty of sunshine. Chicago is a beautiful city, would have loved to have spent more time there. Lots of time spent on the coach, but plenty of stops on the way. Only drawback of the trip was that many of the hotels were outt of town, so limited choice of places to eat in the evenings. Grand Canyon was awesome, and Universal studios well worth a visit, if you are doing this trip in Sept. ENJOY

What a great trip this was, with so much to see,the Grand Canyon was just too much to take in, Chicago was a lovely city could spend a week there, altogether a wonderful holiday with great fellow travellers, especially Janet and Jane.

Anyone for Vietnam Xmas.

Ken(Essex boy)

janeyalan
(Member)
'kennet' wrote:

'janeyalan' wrote:

What a great trip this was, with so much to see,the Grand Canyon was just too much to take in, Chicago was a lovely city could spend a week there, altogether a wonderful holiday with great fellow travellers, especially Janet and Jane

Anyone for Vietnam Xmas.

Thanks Ken, yes it was a great trip. Hope you get to Vietnam at Christmas, I am not sure where to go next. Best WishesJane

Ken(Essex boy)