stu151
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia

There have been several mentions recently of group bookings, and issues around flight timings where the booking was made by the group organiser.

I’m getting confused, and would be grateful if you could provide clarification.

I’ve always assumed that group booking were where a social club (or similar) wanted an organised holiday, with each person having their own room, but with the travellers knowing each other beforehand. Therefore, this be a completely separate holiday, not available to general JY clients, and should not appear on your website.

“Normal” JY holidays involve single travellers (or at least those who, for whatever reason, are travelling alone), and other than maybe some friends travelling together, the vast majority would not know each other beforehand.

Like nearly all of your customers, I would be very unhappy if the majority of a tour comprised a group, with the minority being individual clients, and I’ve always assumed, until now, this would never happen.

Can you please assure me that group bookings cannot form the majority of any “normal/publically available” JY holiday.

Thanks.

Stuart

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the question - I hope that this will clarify the situation.

In the majority of cases our "group bookings" are tailor made for that social group. In some instances they will be added to one of our existing tours (this is normally a Travelsphere holiday) and I have been told that in 2013, a total of four Just You dates had a known group included on them.

The Just You experience is about a group of like-minded solo travellers enjoying a shared holiday and we do try to remain loyal to this. If we do have to include a booking on a publicly available Just You holiday, which includes a group of travellers that are known to each other, additional passengers are notified so they can make an informed decision as to whether or not they would like to continue with the booking.

I hope this information helps,

Kindest regards,

Julia

stu151
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia

Thanks that's fine, I'm more than happy that if your holiday includes a group booking, you're told in advance, and can decide if you want to continue with that particular holiday, or switch.

Stuart