Debzie
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have asked them but no response so far - so thought maybe you'd be able to help : )

I was looking at a tour for August, which shows a couple of places left, but was told by TS that it is for a group booking only for a private group. Does this happen frequently? Does this mean no-else can book at all? Am never to TS so confused by it all Thanks for any help.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Debzie,

I've never heard of this before - we do have a team which create tours for private groups but these are not featured on the website or in the brochure. Do you remember which tour and date this was for as I'd like to look into this further.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Debzie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Debzie,

I've never heard of this before - we do have a team which create tours for private groups but these are not featured on the website or in the brochure. Do you remember which tour and date this was for as I'd like to look into this further.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Yes - I can forward you the email I got from Travelspehere if you would prefer which has all the details on it? I'm not sure exactly what was meant by it, so I asked but no reply from them as yet.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Debzie - that would be great

can you send it to jmorton@justyou.co.uk.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Debzie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia, what was the follow up to this unusual situation - was it a blip and the tour shouldn't have been on the website?

Don't keep us in suspense!!

Cheers,

Bob

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob,

This was an unusual situation - our groups team had booked the tour (all bar a couple of places) and sadly a box hadn't been ticked in the reservations system that removes it from the website.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Debzie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
It's made me a bit wary though, which is a real shame as TS seem to have a much better selection of holidays in August,. I assume JY are a bit more restricted with the higher single supplement. I'm going to look for holidays at half terms instead with JY but I have to say the 'departure between' search engine makes it a long job. I might give Solos a go as they have their very handy calendar so I can see straight away what's on offer.
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Debzie,

Just a word of warning or two regarding Solo's - I've been on their website numerous times on my mobile and each time I get a warning message that the site is not secure - that a security confirmation certificate has not validated it or something to that effect, never got that on any other website! Also, numerous people have told me that although the age profile tends to be a bit younger on Solos' holidays, many of those going on their hols view it as a dating opportunity! Thankfully I've never witnessed this on a JY hol, but wouldn't want that type of atmosphere in a group I'd be travelling with.

All the best,

Bob

PS Julia, thanks for clarifying the situation, I thought it must be something like that.

JY Will
(Member)
Hi Debzie,

If you tell me what departure dates you are interested in I can tell you fairly quickly what tours will be departing.

Thanks

Will

Debzie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Bob - I have the Solos brochure and met a couple of JY people who had been on Solos holidays without any problems, but will do some more research. I've already booked something else now for this summer anyway,

Will - I think the main problem when searching is not the departure date, it's the return date. So if for example I know I have a fixed 9 day slot in February, I'd need to search for holidays between date x and y, but there is no option to do this. Instead it will bring up everything leaving between those dates, which isn't so helpful, as they don't always return in time - if that makes sense. Even an option to put in maximum number of nights would be good. That's why a paper version showing tour dates and tour lengths would be so helpful to me.