Angela Bingham
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am on the Spirit of India tour at the end of Sep. I know that modest clothing is best but any advice on what to wear to keep cool and modestly dressed would be appreciated. Are vest t shirts a step too far for instance ?

Ange

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Angela,

I'm sure some of our past India customers will provide you with some advice on this.

We'd recommend causal lightweight clothes for the daytime but it is also worth packing a warm jacket or jumper and it can been a be a bit cooler of an evening. Shorts and skimpy tops are not considered suitable when visiting temples and a cheap shawl stowed in your bag comes in handy to cover your shoulders.

Kindest regards

Julia

Angela Bingham
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Angela,

I'm sure some of our past India customers will provide you with some advice on this.

We'd recommend causal lightweight clothes for the daytime but it is also worth packing a warm jacket or jumper and it can been a be a bit cooler of an evening. Shorts and skimpy tops are not considered suitable when visiting temples and a cheap shawl stowed in your bag comes in handy to cover your shoulders.

Kindest regards

Julia

Thanks for the advice Julia.

Ange

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Angela,

From what I remember people wore casual clothes for the whole trip - dress for comfort not for style! In a couple of places, we were advised to have shoulders covers and wear trousers etc that covered the knee (temples etc). In the mosque in Delhi, men and women were given sarongs etc to cover up if need be.

Hope that helps; it's a great but hectic trip - enjoy!

Bob

lesley07
(Member)
'Angela wrote:

I am on the Spirit of India tour at the end of Sep. I know that modest clothing is best but any advice on what to wear to keep cool and modestly dressed would be appreciated. Are vest t shirts a step too far for instance ?

Ange

Hi Ange

I did this trip last year. Most of us females wore casual clothes-t-shirts and shorts or cropped trousers during the day. Vest t-shirts are fine but you do need to cover your shoulders when visiting mosques/temples.

This is a great trip but very full on. There is a lot of travelling between places but well worth it.

Hope you have a great holiday

Lesley

Angela Bingham
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Angela,

From what I remember people wore casual clothes for the whole trip - dress for comfort not for style! In a couple of places, we were advised to have shoulders covers and wear trousers etc that covered the knee (temples etc). In the mosque in Delhi, men and women were given sarongs etc to cover up if need be.

Hope that helps; it's a great but hectic trip - enjoy!

Bob

Thanks a lot Bob, that's very useful. I am prepared for it being hectic but it is a country I have longed to visit for years so am happy to get the opportunity with Just You.

Kind regards

Ange

Angela Bingham
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'lesley07' wrote:

'Angela wrote:

Ange

Hi Ange

I did this trip last year. Most of us females wore casual clothes-t-shirts and shorts or cropped trousers during the day. Vest t-shirts are fine but you do need to cover your shoulders when visiting mosques/temples.

This is a great trip but very full on. There is a lot of travelling between places but well worth it.

Hope you have a great holiday

Lesley

Hi Lesley

Thank you so much for replying. Good to know that apart from the temples the dress code is not too restrictive, not that I do skimpy at all - just want to be cool.

Kind regards

Ange

Angela Bingham
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Angela,

Kindest regards

Julia

Hi Julia out of interest how many are booked to go on the India tour on 30 Sep 13?

Ange

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ange,

There are currently 13 of you booked on the 30 Sept date and there are a few places left so this may increase before you depart.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Angela Bingham
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Ange,

There are currently 13 of you booked on the 30 Sept date and there are a few places left so this may increase before you depart.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thank you Julia. I am reassured that the tour will go ahead with 13 booked so far.

Kind regards

Ange

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ange,

I can go one better than that - there is a little green tick in our reservations system which suggests our team have given this holiday the go-ahead.

Have a wonderful holiday

Kindest regards,

Julia

Angela Bingham
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Ange,

I can go one better than that - there is a little green tick in our reservations system which suggests our team have given this holiday the go-ahead.

Have a wonderful holiday

Kindest regards,

Julia

Brilliant !!! Thank you so much for this extra info Julia, much appreciated :))