Julia
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
From the 1st of May 2013 Easyjet have withdrawn the facility to check in for flights and receive a boarding pass at the airport. All passengers must now go on line to check in and print out boarding cards for both the outbound AND return flights. As you are travelling on an Easyjet flight YOU need to do this before travelling to the airport. This information can be entered and your Boarding cards printed from 30 days up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure of your outbound flight. The process is very quick and easy:

1) Go to www.easyjet.com and at the top of the screen is an icon that says Check in online.

2) You will be asked to enter your surname and your 7 digit booking reference which begins with an E. Fill these in and then tick the box that says you have permission and click Check-in Now.

3) A screen headed Advanced Passenger Information will come up and using your passport, you will need to fill in all the boxes. Once complete click Confirm.

4) You will now see a screen that has all of your flight information. Click on Boarding pass and then print. Don’t forget to print both passes for your outbound and inbound flights.

5) Keep your boarding passes safe with your passport and other travel documentation. When you arrive at the airport go to the Bag Drop desks if you have hold baggage or straight to airport security with your printed out boarding pass if you just have a cabin bag.

If you don’t have a printer, you can save the boarding pass and email it to yourself or someone else to print from a PC with printing facilities for example at work, a library or internet café. If you cannot get access to a PC and cannot get someone to do this for you then, for a fee, we can print them out and post them to you. However, you must ring us at least a week before departure to allow the Boarding passes to be posted to you. Please call our Service Team 0844 3180003 and have your passport and booking information ready.

dianejan
(Member)
Hi Julia

Does this information come with your travel documents as I am sure a lot of people will just check in at the airport. What happens if they haven't gone online? I am going to Costa de la Luz on 11th June from Liverpool with Easyjet so I guess I will have to wait till my details arrive to process my boarding pass?. Does the boarding pass have your seat number on? Just a few questions I am sure others would like to know.

Di

Julia
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Di,

I've been told that customers will get the detailed instructions on how to check in with Easyjet on their final documents which we aim to send out 21 days before departure.

If you do not check in online Easyjet will be able to check you in at the airport but can charge upto £45pp each way, We will be offering a service to customers who do not have a computer or printer and for a small fee we will do it for them.

Once you have checked in and entered your passport details it will give you a boarding pass which has the seat number on it and then at the airport you just drop their bags at the desk.

For any customers travelling in May, we are in the process of contacting you by phone - with details on this new process.

Kindest regards,

Julia

dianejan
(Member)
Hi Julia

Thank you for the information. Can't believe they could charge you up to £45 each way. Guess I am lucky having a computer and printer all added expense for people who don't. I usually ask for an aisle seat at the airport as I have long legs and get a bit claustrophobic in the window seat but with this system in place is there no choice of seats?

Kind regards

Di

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Julia,

To avoid problems would it be a good idea for JY to print everyones boarding pass (easy jet travellers) and post out in the final package (21 days).

The cost of this exercise would be very small and could be included in the price of the holiday.

Just a suggestion as I know a few people that travel with JY are not computor literate.

Mick

Julia
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

Di - I believe that you are automatically allocated a seat when you log-in however, there is the ability to choose an alternative seat (from those that haven't already been allocated) to change this before printing off your boarding pass - so you can try and get an aisle seat.

Mick - great suggestion, I will pass your comments on to the appropriate teams.

Kindest regards,

Julia

dianejan
(Member)
Hi Julia & Mick

Excellent idea Mick there is enough to think about without having to worry about boarding passes. You are right not everyone is computer literate or goes into Just You community page. Anyway I hope everyone who are going away soon have a good holiday and don't lose your boarding pass!!!

Di x

Bosuncat
(Member)
We discussed this during the recent trip to Cilento as it had affected us people flying from Stansted and Edinburgh, and had happened right at the beginning of all this. I had found out about it beforehand and had sent a post to the Community which only appeared a week later, just a day before my departure. Fortunately I hadn't waited and had already booked in online.

A couple of the ladies on the trip, didn't use the community and either didn't use computers or didn't have printers so it was difficult for them as they only found out late on from Just You.

Sending out boarding passes with the last details is a good idea.

Incidentally online check in didn't change the horrendous line for bag drop off at Stansted and Naples! 😞

loopylou
(Member)
I was going to book the Sardinia holiday flying from Stansted on Easy Jet, however after reading all of this palaver i am not going to go even though i do have a printer, i have watched a TV programme just today called Airport which did not show Easy Jet in a good light.

Very disappointed

Puer aeternus
(Member)
'loopylou' wrote:

I was going to book the Sardinia holiday flying from Stansted on Easy Jet, however after reading all of this palaver i am not going to go even though i do have a printer, i have watched a TV programme just today called Airport which did not show Easy Jet in a good light.

Very disappointed

I have to agree regarding Easyjet, I really don't like Budget Airlines, cheap and Nasty. I'd rather pay more and get some good service, something too many service providers in this country seem totally devoid of. I was really disappointed to see that Just You are using Easy Jet more, especially on some new holidays, totaly puts me off booking the holiday. The Carrier can make a BIG difference!

sjm533
  • (Member)
(Member)
I totally agree with the others regarding budget airlines. I always check to see that either BA or a national carrier is used. If it isn't then that holiday is rejected. If you think easyjet is bad, have you tried ryandespair?

Sylvia

Gwyn
  • (Member)
(Member)
I do agree with Loopylou and Puer aeternus (great names both btw!), I really can't see myself going on a holiday which features a budget airline. I'd much rather pay the extra to go BA or other proper airline. I go on holiday to relax, not to queue for hours just to drop my luggage off....
TonyW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I had a look at holidays and saw there was one to Mykonos and Santorini. I love Greece so thought I would book. Started booking and saw flying with Easyjet so stopped booking. So have booked Greece the Olympic Riviera which is with BA.

Tony:cool:

keep travelling this is real life not a rehearsal

JY Will
(Member)
'Puer wrote:

'loopylou' wrote:

Very disappointed

I have to agree regarding Easyjet, I really don't like Budget Airlines, cheap and Nasty. I'd rather pay more and get some good service, something too many service providers in this country seem totally devoid of. I was really disappointed to see that Just You are using Easy Jet more, especially on some new holidays, totaly puts me off booking the holiday. The Carrier can make a BIG difference!

I flew Easyjet last week for my holiday. They are really not that bad - the check-in online was easy and at the airport we were pleasantly surprised as well.

We have a really tough job with planning holidays - there are only so many destinations that you can fly to (and from!) on national airlines like BA.

I would urge people not to miss out on a great holiday for the sake of an airline

marie
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have now used Easyjet twice to fly to Geneva. In April because of severe problems with Southern railways and cancellation of trains I had to get a taxi from Chichester to Gatwick as the later trains were seriously delayed. I arrived a Gatwick very late and the gate for my flight was closed. There was not time to book in my case so it had to be hastily searched and put on the flight with me(luckily it was within the cabin size). I needed to get to Geneva that evening and the wonderful staff on Easyjet in all departments did everything they could to get me on my flight. Until last December I had always travelled on long haul and shorter flights by the much large airlines and never received the kindness and help that I received on Easyjet. No doubt as with all airlines, at times there are unavoidable problems, but this airline do consider their passengers. I still feel so grateful to them for all their help as I was so worried when I reached the airport so late and thought I had missed the flight. I would not hesitate to travel with them again and hope that they will be an airline used frequently by Just You in the future.

Marie

Bosuncat
(Member)
katy1717
(Member)
I wouldn't avoid a holiday because of an Easy Jet flight, but would draw the line at Ryan Air. If it means that more destinations are available because Easy Jet goes there (and BA doesn't) that's great. One thing that often causes me to select one holiday over another is the timing of departures and arrival from the airport - for example last year, altho' I wanted to go to Apulia the return arrival was noted as 23.45pm, so I went to Andalucia instead.
RosieMo
(Member)
I flew on a JY holiday with Easyjet last year. No problems at all. I much prefer flying a non-flag carrier airline to a hours-long coach transfer from the airport.

BTW, thanks JY for putting the transfer times in the new brochure!

RM

Mel P
  • (Member)
(Member)
Dear all,

I feel the same. I spoke to a friend of mine who was at first horrified to find out that she would be flying Easy Jet. In fact she was pleasantly surprised. The food is fine too (not free). Also paid extra to board early which avoided the scrum. I believe it is better now that you can prebook your seats rather than a mad dash to get your seat.

If it was somewhere I really wanted to go then I would probably go Easy Jet. The flights aren't too long. How bad could it be?

Best wishes.

Mel

MARIE W
(Member)
I have travelled with Easyjet several times and never had a problem; the check in has always been straightforward and the flights comfortable and on time. I certainly wouldn't be put off a holiday by seeing Easyjet as a carrier. I also used Ryanair for the first time at Easter for a city break to Rome and other than having to pay separately to take a suitcase in the hold that flight and check in was fine also and left and landed on time. Whilst I can appreciate the budget airlines do appear to have a certain reputation I can only speak as I find and as previously stated have never had an issue with them.