Maddy
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I notice some of your holidays use the airline Easyjet. Does this mean we would be subject to the Easyjet baggage restrictions, i.e. one small item of hand luggage and payment required for anything going in the hold?
Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good morning,

Thanks for getting in touch, I can confirm we do have to adhere to the conditions set by Easyjet,

I hope this helps,

Kindest,

Ben

Sue2
  • (Member)
(Member)
Suprised to read this. The last 2 JY holidays last year were both on Easy Jet flights and on both the cost of one checked in suitcase was included. Not any more.?
Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Maddy,

Think the easyjet baggage payment is included in your holiday cost (certainly was when i flew with them on one of my JY trips).

Mick.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have flown twice with Easyjet on Just You holidays - to Malaga and to Tel Aviv - and yes you do have to adhere to their baggage restrictions though you do not have to pay for the hold luggage as this is covered in the price of the fare when booked for Just You holiday. Hold luggage weight restriction is 20kg but there is no weight restriction for hand luggage as long as the size of the luggage is within the limits. I find this strange because if everyone brings unlimited weight of hand luggage then you do get a problem finding a space for your little bag!!

Jaya

Jaya

marie
  • (Member)
(Member)
I flew on Easyjet to Switzerland recently and there did not appear to be any problem with room for cabin baggage. Some people hoping to put luggage in the cabin had to book luggage into the hold; maybe the size was slightly above limits or just too bulky. I think the staff know if there may be a problem with bulky luggage so are strict with the regulations. When booking, I had to pay a fee to put one suitcase in the hold. I was not on a package tour but used Easyjet for flight and hotel booking. I carried a small cabin bag in which I had to leave room for my handbag as it had to be included in the one piece of cabin luggage.

Everything was very well organized and I would fully recommend Easyjet for future travel.

Marie

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I often wonder why they have to class a small handbag, which goes over your body and is not going to take any room in the cabin, as one piece of baggage. It is quite frustrating to have to keep on putting your handbag in the cabin luggage and taking it out frequently as and when the need arises till you board. Once on board you can take the handbag out and when you leave the aircraft no one asks you to put it back in the cabin luggage!

Jaya

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello everyone,

Just to clarify, I was referring to the baggage allowance when flying with Easyjet, there is no further payment required with Easyjet, that's included in the price, apologies for the confusion,

Kindest,

Ben