Jean77
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I'm interested in the Croatia's Istrian Coast tour but notice that only one excursion is included in the holiday cost. Are you able to tell me the cost of the optional excursions so that I can work out the total holiday cost?

Thanks, Jean

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good afternoon Jean,

Please find below details of all the optional excursions,

Kindest,

Ben

-------------------------------------------

Opatija - £20 (Book in resort only)

This delightful resort, in the sheltered Kvarner Bay, has been popular with holidaymakers since the end of the 19th century and retains an air of grandeur - often called the Nice of the Adriatic for its 7 mile long promenade and wonderful gardens. Take a stroll along the delightful coastal promenade with its many shops, restaurants, cafes and bars for a relaxing day.

Half Day - Minimal Walking - City Views

Venice - £70 (Book in resort only)

During your time in this unique city you can see the famous Bridge of Sighs, the exquisite architecture of the Doges’ Palace, St Mark’s Square and the adjoining Basilica, its ornate façade concealing a lavishly decorated interior. Not to be missed is a gondola boat trip around the grand canal to really soak in the atmosphere of this beautiful city. Our journey to the wonderful city of Venice is very dependant on weather conditions as we travel by high-speed catamaran. Available May to September.

Full Day - Moderate Walking - Best Seller

Postojna Cave and Lipica Stud Farm - £70 (Book in resort only)

We travel by coach through some wonderful countryside into Slovenia and the famous Postojna caves. Here a special train will take us down through subterranean halls and long corridors chiselled by the Pivka River over millions of years. (The walk inside the caves is approximately 1km and is steep in some places and the average temperature is 14C all year round). After our visit to these amazing caves we continue to the Lipica Stud Farm, namesake of the Lipizzaner horses, established in 1580 and made famous by the Spanish Riding School in Vienna.

Full Day - Moderate Walking - Nature and Heritage Interest

Plitvice Lakes - £55 (Book in resort only)

This is a day of truly stunning scenery as we visit the National Park of Plitvice Lakes, a valley situated between high, forested mountains where sixteen beautiful lakes spill into each other in forming cascades and thundering waterfalls. Of all the highlights this week, this is one you will remember for its breathtaking views.

Full Day - Strenuous Walking - Scenic Tour

Prebookable Package - Island Cruise and Barbecue / Opatija / Plitvice Lakes - £95 (Prebookable Only)

GinaL
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Ben' wrote:

Good afternoon Jean,

Please find below details of all the optional excursions,

Kindest,

Ben

-------------------------------------------

Opatija - £20 (Book in resort only)

This delightful resort, in the sheltered Kvarner Bay, has been popular with holidaymakers since the end of the 19th century and retains an air of grandeur - often called the Nice of the Adriatic for its 7 mile long promenade and wonderful gardens. Take a stroll along the delightful coastal promenade with its many shops, restaurants, cafes and bars for a relaxing day.

Half Day - Minimal Walking - City Views

Venice - £70 (Book in resort only)

During your time in this unique city you can see the famous Bridge of Sighs, the exquisite architecture of the Doges’ Palace, St Mark’s Square and the adjoining Basilica, its ornate façade concealing a lavishly decorated interior. Not to be missed is a gondola boat trip around the grand canal to really soak in the atmosphere of this beautiful city. Our journey to the wonderful city of Venice is very dependant on weather conditions as we travel by high-speed catamaran. Available May to September.

Full Day - Moderate Walking - Best Seller

Postojna Cave and Lipica Stud Farm - £70 (Book in resort only)

We travel by coach through some wonderful countryside into Slovenia and the famous Postojna caves. Here a special train will take us down through subterranean halls and long corridors chiselled by the Pivka River over millions of years. (The walk inside the caves is approximately 1km and is steep in some places and the average temperature is 14C all year round). After our visit to these amazing caves we continue to the Lipica Stud Farm, namesake of the Lipizzaner horses, established in 1580 and made famous by the Spanish Riding School in Vienna.

Full Day - Moderate Walking - Nature and Heritage Interest

Plitvice Lakes - £55 (Book in resort only)

This is a day of truly stunning scenery as we visit the National Park of Plitvice Lakes, a valley situated between high, forested mountains where sixteen beautiful lakes spill into each other in forming cascades and thundering waterfalls. Of all the highlights this week, this is one you will remember for its breathtaking views.

Full Day - Strenuous Walking - Scenic Tour

Prebookable Package - Island Cruise and Barbecue / Opatija / Plitvice Lakes - £95 (Prebookable Only)

Thanks for the very useful information, which I was going to ask myself. You seem to have missed details on the Island Cruise & Barbecue on its own (as opposed to in the package).

Re Venice, are there any particular periods when the weather might be more likely to be bad - making this trip unlikely?

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
I did this holiday earlier in the year with travelsphere (went with a friend) and in my opinion the island cruise and fish barbecue (can have beef) is the best excurrsion.

Saying that its a very good holiday.

Mick

Jean77
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for the information Ben.

Mick, yes I saw that Travelsphere do this tour too, and quite a bit cheaper even taking the single supplement into account, although it is a different hotel. Were there any singles on the Travelsphere one when you went?

Jean

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Jean,

Although I'm single I went with another single friend to room share and keep costs down, was a holiday we both fancied so made sense.

There were no other single people on our trip.

Mick