Barry1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I wonder if you can help with this question please. When I booked the Canada & New England holiday on the telephone on 22/04/12 the advisor I spoke to Marion (Maz) told me that I WOULD NOT need a Visa for the trip. She was very specific on this because I did ask. However I have just received my final balance invoice which says that a Visa WILL BE required for this holiday. Can you please clarify which is correct. I have posted this as a thread for you to answer rather than ringing because there may be other people who have received their final balance invoices and are not sure like me whether they need a Visa or not. Just in case you need it my booking ref is A245051. Thank you
Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good morning Barry,

Thanks for your message.

The adviser was unfortunately wrong about the Visa, you will need an ESTA or Visa Waiver as you are flying into JFK Airport. You should have been offered this service at your time of booking, you would of then received your visa pack along with your 15 week paperwork. As this wasn't offered then its reasonably urgent that you call our contact centre who will be able to do it for you in good time, there is a cost, its £29 but that will see you set and ready to go.

I am happy to point out that there are places online that can do it for you for less but I personally have never used such a service and wouldn't be able to offer any guidance.

Anything else,

Please ask,

Ben

PeterG
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Barry

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/  which the US government site. It will cost $14 and takes less than 10 minutes. At least it did for me when I renewed mine earlier this year.

Peter

Barry1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Ben' wrote:

Good morning Barry,

Thanks for your message.

The adviser was unfortunately wrong about the Visa, you will need an ESTA or Visa Waiver as you are flying into JFK Airport. You should have been offered this service at your time of booking, you would of then received your visa pack along with your 15 week paperwork. As this wasn't offered then its reasonably urgent that you call our contact centre who will be able to do it for you in good time, there is a cost, its £29 but that will see you set and ready to go.

I am happy to point out that there are places online that can do it for you for less but I personally have never used such a service and wouldn't be able to offer any guidance.

Anything else,

Please ask,

Ben