Hi Olly

Can you tell me what type of adapter I need to charge my phone and camera

Many thanks

Linda L

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Linda

I can find out for you - but where are you going?

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Linda L
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Olly' wrote:

Hi Linda

I can find out for you - but where are you going?

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Sorry Ollie it's Egypt

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Linda

The adapter you will need is the type with two round pins. Another option is the universal adapter, which you will be able to use on future holidays too.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Linda,

To add to what Olly says a universal adapter is a great idea as if you get the correct one it can be used virtually anywhere. A few years back I got a good one from Boots and still use it.

For the record there seems to be 4 main type of sockets which this covers.

European designed have 2 round pins and suspect this is same as Egypt, however there are two different types Northern European countries have slightly bigger pins than southern european countries so you need to know which of these they use Egypt.

The other types are both flat pin North American which the pins are vertical and Australian whic he pins are at a angle.

hope this info helps

Mick.

davidj
  • (Member)
(Member)
This website

http://www.kropla.com/electric2.htm 

Gives information on plugs for most countries.

daveJB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Linda,

I used my two pin plug in Egypt last year no problem I've also used it in europe.

Dave.

Linda L
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
michael hurcum
(Member)
get a universal adapter which can be used in the majority of places.The only problem i had was in South Africa were its a large 3 pin plug like the old 15amp plugs in the uk years ago and there are no shaver pts in some hotels you have to beg borrow or buy an adaptor.

Veelight
(Member)
'michael wrote:

get a universal adapter which can be used in the majority of places.The only problem i had was in South Africa were its a large 3 pin plug like the old 15amp plugs in the uk years ago and there are no shaver pts in some hotels you have to beg borrow or buy an adaptor.

HI, im going to Kenya, so can anyone tell me what kind of adapter to take with me,

Many thanks

Vera

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Vera

Kenya uses the same sockets as we do, so you won't need an adaptor.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Veelight
(Member)
'Olly' wrote:

Hi Vera

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Hi Olly, thanks , im thinking of getting a flip camera, but they all say you have to charge them through a computer, will i be able to do this in Kenya ?

Veelight
(Member)
'Olly' wrote:

Hi Vera

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

HI Olly, i ask if i would be able to charge a FLIP Camera in Kenya at the hotel, im going there on the 16th of May , i don't want to take it if this is not possable.

Regards Vera

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Vera

You should be able to plug your charger in at the hotel, so I would take it with you.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Veelight
(Member)
'Olly' wrote:

Hi Vera

You should be able to plug your charger in at the hotel, so I would take it with you.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Hi Olly, thanks for the reply, but it's a Flip Camera, and it can only be charged through a computer,

davidj
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Veelight' wrote:

'Olly' wrote:

Hi Vera

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

HI Olly, i ask if i would be able to charge a FLIP Camera in Kenya at the hotel, im going there on the 16th of May , i don't want to take it if this is not possable.

Regards Vera

Hello Vera

I assume that your flip camera plugs into a USB socket on your computer. If this is the case I recommend you buy a USB mains charger. This is like a 13amp plug with a USB socket. With this you should be able to charge your camera direct from the mains without using a computer. These are only a few pounds on ebay and can be used at home as well as on holiday.

David

Veelight
(Member)
'davidj' wrote:

'Veelight' wrote:

'Olly' wrote:

Hi Vera

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Regards Vera

Hello Vera

I assume that your flip camera plugs into a USB socket on your computer. If this is the case I recommend you buy a USB mains charger. This is like a 13amp plug with a USB socket. With this you should be able to charge your camera direct from the mains without using a computer. These are only a few pounds on ebay and can be used at home as well as on holiday.

David

Hi David, thanks for your help, i will not have time now to get 1 on ebay but will buy one in town,

Thanks again

Vera