Mick W
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I know i've made a few friends on my JY holidays over the last few years, many of which i've exchanged phone numbers with.

Well sadly on saturday my phone decided to throw a wobbler resulting in me getting a new one today. Sadly my contact numbers couldn't be retrieved. :(

I'm still on the same number so if anyone whom i've exchanged numbers with in the past wants to still keep in touch please send me a text and i'll save your number to my new phone (don't forget to say who you are or i'll be guessing).

thanks

Mick :thumbup:

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Mick

Thats the trouble we dont write numbers down these days! you are not in my MB so I cannot ping you a Txt..LOL

Cindy

Gran
  • (Member)
(Member)
'nixon' wrote:

Mick

Thats the trouble we dont write numbers down these days! you are not in my MB so I cannot ping you a Txt..LOL

Cindy

My husband was a computer engineer. He always said, not to rely on the modern technology. The gadgets are excellent but they can be annoying and have a habit of letting us down. If it is important, write it down or print it. He himself didn't follow his own belief but I have and at times, I feel glad when things go wrong, I know I have the info written down.

Dyuti

Littlepaul66
(Member)
Hi Mick

I think a few of us have had the same problem with phone contacts. If you have an Andriod Phone save the number as a Google Contact instead of a sim contact. That way every time you change your phone your contacts are saved with Google and when you enter your Google account on your new phone it automatically downloads all your numbers.

Paul

DAWNK
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Littlepaul66' wrote:

Hi Mick

I think a few of us have had the same problem with phone contacts. If you have an Andriod Phone save the number as a Google Contact instead of a sim contact. That way every time you change your phone your contacts are saved with Google and when you enter your Google account on your new phone it automatically downloads all your numbers.

Paul

Hi Mick!

Its Dawn, I was on the Chicago to New Orleans holiday last November. Just to say I've booked for the Texan Adventure on 15th September. Have you got any holidays booked for this year?

Dawn K

Mick W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'DAWNK' wrote:

'Littlepaul66' wrote:

Hi Mick

Paul

Hi Mick!

Its Dawn, I was on the Chicago to New Orleans holiday last November. Just to say I've booked for the Texan Adventure on 15th September. Have you got any holidays booked for this year?

Dawn K

HI Dawn,

Texas looks a good trip and seems to be a popular choice is one on m short list (not going on your birthday this year ?).

So far I've two holidays planned, off to Spain in March but thats with a friend not with JY.

Am doing "Walking in Tuscany" with JY in April.

Lots of decisions to make, will certainly doing something else.

Mick

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Mick and Dawn,

Like you, phone broke down and lost all my contacts including yours. Quite annoying when a number comes up and you have no idea who it is from till you answer it :P

Just booked Flavours of Tuscany for October and waiting for Flanders on May 8th.

Where are you off too this year Mick?

Jan

Mick W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'janib' wrote:

Hello Mick and Dawn,

Like you, phone broke down and lost all my contacts including yours. Quite annoying when a number comes up and you have no idea who it is from till you answer it :P

Just booked Flavours of Tuscany for October and waiting for Flanders on May 8th.

Where are you off too this year Mick?

Jan

Hi Jan,

As you will have now seen in my reply to Dawn is that I'm doing Walking in Tuscany with JY in April. Also have a trip to Spain planned before then.

Not sure where after those two trips got a very long "short list", lol.

Mick

sjm533
(Member)
'Gran' wrote:

'nixon' wrote:

Mick

Cindy

My husband was a computer engineer. He always said, not to rely on the modern technology. The gadgets are excellent but they can be annoying and have a habit of letting us down. If it is important, write it down or print it. He himself didn't follow his own belief but I have and at times, I feel glad when things go wrong, I know I have the info written down.

Dyuti

I suffer from non-trustivitus as well. Phone numbers are on Macbook and synced to iPad. Really important ones are in the landline and mobile. Haven't got them written down though! Not lost any so far.

Sylvia