DavidG
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I would love to go to China, but I am concerned about the food. I have a sensitive stomach and cannot eat greasy, oily or spicey foods. Please advise.
Cheryl- your editor
(Member)
Hi DavidG

China does have a bit of a reputation for oily, greasy, fried food I grant you, but it is not all that there is to have. The staple food in China is usually rice and wheat. Millet, corn, buckwheat, potato, sweet potato and many kinds of legumes are also common. They also offer things like steamed bread, noodles, steam stuffed buns, cakes and snacks.

In addition to their more traditional dishes, Chinese restaurants can also offer Western food in case you want a reminder of back home.

If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to email me.

Kind regards

Cheryl, your editor

cj
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Cheryl

I was very interested in reading your reply to David's query on the food in China. I have booked to go in January, I'm vegeterian and also have a delicate stomach.

When I booked the trip by phone, the lady who I booked with was very helpful with my food queries.

I'm looking forward to my trip although I know it will be very cold.

Thank you Cheryl for the advice that you have given me re; China. It was a great help when trying to make up my mind about which holiday to book especially as I'm new to this type of holiday.

CJ (Carole)