tonyl
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
As i'm trying to sort out some travel arrangements from the midlands to Heathrow for this holiday could you please advise which terminal the flight will be from, also how long before the flight are we expected to 'check in'? would a train to heathrow tube be my best option or bus travel ?
Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Tony

Your flight is currently scheduled to leave from Terminal 3 and you should plan to check in about three hours before departure as you are flying beyond Europe.

I'm not sure what the transport links are like where you live but the easiest way to get straight to the airport might be to book a National Express coach (you can book this through Just You if you wish). If you plan to get the train to London, you will be better off using the tube once you get there as it is quicker and more reliable than the bus.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

vina
  • (Member)
(Member)
'tonyl' wrote:

As i'm trying to sort out some travel arrangements from the midlands to Heathrow for this holiday could you please advise which terminal the flight will be from, also how long before the flight are we expected to 'check in'? would a train to heathrow tube be my best option or bus travel ?

vina
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi tony

i too am tavelling on that holiday so look forward to meeting you then. i hope you get your travel down sorted out.

best wishes, vina

vina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Olly

Please could you give any advice with regards to travel money - what currency to take and approximately how much. I ask as i realise the majority of our meals are covered and excursions paid for. I remember reading that you can take US dollars over Egyptian currency, which can be very old and dirty!

In addition, could you give any advice with regards to clothing? Is there a pool on the boat and should we take swimwear. Apolgies for the very girly question!

Any advice would be most welcome.

Best wishes, vina

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Vina

It's always difficult to say how much money you should take, as some people get through a lot while others hardly buy anything. Most of your meals are included so you won't need much money for food. I would allow about £20-£25 per day for drinks, souvenirs and the odd meal, plus extra if you want to take the Abu Simbel optional excursion.

I would recommend using the local currency Of Egyptian pounds (10 = £1). You may be able to use US dollars sometimes but not always, and you certainly won't get a good exchange rate.

The temperature is likely to be in the mid to high teens - warm but not boiling - so take a good mix of clothing and something warm for the evenings. Remember too that Egypt is an islamic country and it's a good idea to keep your shoulders and legs covered in public places.

There is a swimming pool on the boat so do take your swimwear if you fancy a dip. You won't need to keep shoulders and legs covered by the pool.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor