JanS
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
LHi

Please can I have advice on which Heathrow hotel is best for Terminal 3 departures?   Also having easy access to the airport.

Would be grateful any suggestions.  Jan

daveJB
(Member)
Hello Jan,

I regularly use the Premier Inn on Bath road, from terminal 3 I get the 111 red bus and return in the

morning by the shuttle bus.

Dave

lesley07
(Member)
Hi Jan

I would suggest the Premier Inn Bath Road. I have booked this for both my holidays from Heathrow this year, one of which leaves from Terminal Three. Managed to get rooms at a very reasonable price. There is a Hoppa bus which takes you to and from the hotel.

Hope this helps

Lesley

SarahS
(Member)
I’ve used the Premier Inn on Bath road too. Would recommend it. If you don’t want to take the hoppy bus, staff will book you a taxi. About £16 to all terminals. 

It might also be worth looking at the Premier Inn at terminal 4. Right in the airport, just a 5 min walk across a covered walkway, then easy train access to terminals 1and 2, but terminal 5 involves several changes.

oliveb
(Member)
I'm also looking for Heathrow hotels - but T5. Is Bath Road best for that as well or should I consider booking a Premier Inn that's actually in the airport and getting transport from there to Terminal 5 ?

Or does anyone know of any other hotels actually at Terminal 5?

Thank you, Olive

Travellite
(Member)
The premier inn terminal 4 is perfect.  From there you just walk overthe covered walkway and get the free internal train to whichever terminal you want.   Rates same as other pi.  No need to rely on external transport.    T.

'JanS' wrote:

LHi

Please can I have advice on which Heathrow hotel is best for Terminal 3 departures?   Also having easy access to the airport.

Would be grateful any suggestions.  Jan

sjm533
(Member)
Hi Jan,

It is the Premier Inn Bath Road for me as well.  I use the Hotel Hoppa £5 single £9 return from the airport.  I sometimes book the meal deal, but only when I have time for breakfast which starts at 5.30 weekdays, 6.30 weekends.  I also arrange to pay on arrival, then I can either add or delete the meal deal as required.

This link should help.  Just type Premier Inn Bath Road into the search box.

https://www.hotelhoppa.co.uk/bus-services/ 

Sylvia

Donna1
(Member)
Hi,

I've travelled a few times from terminal 3 and I've used both the Leonardo hotel and renaissance hotel they are last 2 stops on the hoppa bus so only 5-10 mins away from airport which I like if you have to be there early as gives you those few extra minutes in bed.

Donna

JanS
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Tt wrote:

Hi Jan,

It is the Premier Inn Bath Road for me as well.  I use the Hotel Hoppa £5 single £9 return from the airport.  I sometimes book the meal deal, but only when I have time for breakfast which starts at 5.30 weekdays, 6.30 weekends.  I also arrange to pay on arrival, then I can either add or delete the meal deal as required.

This link should help.  Just type Premier Inn Bath Road into the search box.

https://www.hotelhoppa.co.uk/bus-services/ 

Sylvia

JanS
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you all for the information re Heathrow Hotels. I have booked Premier Inn at Bath Road at really good price.  if anyone else is using this hotel re Japan 11 October trip please let me know.

Jan

Fizzy
  • (Member)
(Member)
I always stay at Premier Inn Terminal 4 when flying from Heathrow you just walk from the hotel to the Terminal by covered walkway takes only 5 mins and then get the free internal train to any Terminal you are flying from.

It's so easy just couldn't imagine staying anywhere else at Heathrow and if you book early you can get a room for £34.50 for the night.

intrepid traveller
(Member)
'oliveb' wrote:

I'm also looking for Heathrow hotels - but T5.    Is Bath Road best for that as well or should I consider booking a Premier Inn that's actually in the airport and getting transport from there to Terminal 5 ?

Thank you, Olive

Hi, I use the Thistle Hotel for T5.  Reasonable prices, helpful staff AND transport to the terminal is by POD.  A brilliant experience.  Starts outside the hotel to the T5 car park.  Runs automatically on rails - no driver.  Worth a look on line.  Happy hols...

sjm533
(Member)
'intrepid traveller' wrote:

'oliveb' wrote:

I'm also looking for Heathrow hotels - but T5.    Is Bath Road best for that as well or should I consider booking a Premier Inn that's actually in the airport and getting transport from there to Terminal 5 ?

Thank you, Olive

Hi, I use the Thistle Hotel for T5.  Reasonable prices, helpful staff AND transport to the terminal is by POD.  A brilliant experience.  Starts outside the hotel to the T5 car park.  Runs automatically on rails - no driver.  Worth a look on line.  Happy hols...

Good luck with the POD.  I have been through LHR twice and it has been out of action, with no reason given.

Sylvia

intrepid traveller
(Member)
'oliveb' wrote:

Thank you, Olive

I use The Thistle.  Very good for T5.  Reasonable price, helpful staff.  Go by POD to the terminal.  Automatic no driver transport on tails - great experience.  Goes from hotel grounds to T5 Car Park - just go down in the adjacent lift and there you are Brilliant

intrepid traveller
(Member)
'oliveb' wrote:

Thank you, Olive

I use The Thistle.  Very good for T5.  Reasonable price, helpful staff.  Go by POD to the terminal.  Automatic no driver transport on tails - great experience.  Goes from hotel grounds to T5 Car Park - just go down in the adjacent lift and there you are Brilliant

Mick W
(Member)
As Fizzy says the Premier Inn at Terminal 4 is ideal as its linked to the terminal and you can use the trains for a free transfer to whichever terminal you are flying from.

Have used it 3 times now and got a very good rate each time.

oliveb
(Member)
Hi everyone. I have now booked the Premier Inn, Bath Road, for 6th May. Does anyone know what the parking is like there? I am planning to drive and park overnight then drive to terminal 5 in the morning to park for the week.

Thank you, Olive

SarahS
(Member)
There is parking onsite, I think you need to book before arrival.
oliveb
(Member)
'SarahS' wrote:

There is parking onsite,  I think you need to book before arrival.

Hi Sarah.  I have now phoned the Premier Inn.  Yes, there is parking on site - 250 spaces.  You just book in when you arrive.  £10 for 24 hours

intrepid traveller
(Member)
'Rsjm533' wrote:

'intrepid traveller' wrote:

'oliveb' wrote:

Thank you, Olive

Good luck with the POD.  I have been through LHR twice and it has been out of action, with no reason given.

Sylvia

Oh dear, I apologise on behalf of the Pod.  Never had a problem myself.  Wondering whether there was alternative transport provided for you by the Thistle please?