Alison Swansea
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I’m going on this holiday and am planning to visit Robben Island on day 4 - our free day. It’s advisable to book beforehand so if anyone else is interested please get in touch. The morning trip would be best as we would still have the afternoon to explore Cape Town. 

Looking forward to this holiday so much!

Alison

Mandy305
(Member)
'Alison Swansea' wrote:

Hi, I’m going on this holiday and am planning to visit Robben Island on day 4 - our free day. It’s advisable to book beforehand so if anyone else is interested please get in touch. The morning trip would be best as we would still have the afternoon to explore Cape Town. 

Alison

Hi Alison, I am going on this holiday too, and also wanted to visit Robben Island. I feel it is a major part of SA history and a must see. I am happy with the morning trip, so please count me in! 🙂

Alison Swansea
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mandy.

I’m looking at the Robben Island website now and it looks as if you have to buy through a site called’web tickets ‘ I assume it’s something like ticketmaster. I am going to register with them and then book for Friday 19 October at 9 am. The price is 360 rand. You will be able to do the same thing and we will be sorted. We can arrange a taxi from the hotel when we are there.

If anyone else wants to join us, feel free!

Alison

Alison Swansea
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mandy, booked 9am on the Friday. No problem with SA website

Hope you get on ok as well

Alison

Carolyn10
(Member)
'Alison Swansea' wrote:

Alison

Hi Alison. I am also on the October trip and have booked Robben Island for 9am on 19/10 after reading your post ? - be a shame to go all that way and not visit the island. Fingers crossed the weather is good on that day for the crossing to go ahead. Look forward to meeting everyone. Carolyn

Alison Swansea
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Carolyn10' wrote:

'Alison Swansea' wrote:

Alison

Hi Alison. I am also on the October trip and have booked Robben Island for 9am on 19/10 after reading your post ? - be a shame to go all that way and not visit the island. Fingers crossed the weather is good on that day for the crossing to go ahead. Look forward to meeting everyone. Carolyn

Alison Swansea
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I’m sorry Carolyn, I thought I had managed to reply to you a few days ago but obviously my computer disagreed! I’m glad you have booked Robben Island as well. It is nice to have company and as you say it is a ‘must do’. There is another thread about our holiday with Chloe so I have posted on there to see if others are interested .

Looking forward to meeting you

Alison

Chloesonic :)
(Member)
Hi girls

Thanks Alison for this post. Good to hear from you and Mandy again and nice to meet you Carolyn. Yes I really want to join please. Would be a shame to go all that way and miss it. If we can share a taxi and still get free time in the afternoon even better :D

I will look into booking this in a few days when I get my day off ::D

Not long now. Getting very exciting!!

Xx

RogerT
(Member)
Ladies, I’m getting the sense your excitement is building ?. Glad I’m not the only one !

It would have been lovely to join you on the tour of Robben Island, which looks well worth a visit as you say.

However, Cape Town looks to have so much to offer I’m keen to explore all the options when we arrive before I decide how to use my limited ‘free’ time. I’m also very keen ‘to do’ Table Mountain (a must for me) and just in case bad weather doesn’t allow us the planned for chance on the 17th I’d like to leave the 19th free as a possible backup option.

Very much looking forward to meeting everyone in the Heathrow Lounge ... just don’t eat all the cakes if you’re there first ! ?

Chloesonic :)
(Member)
Hi everyone 

I have just booked Robben Island ::) very simple and easy to use. Looking forward to it 

Xx

Mandy305
(Member)
'Alison Swansea' wrote:

Hi Mandy, booked 9am on the Friday. No problem with SA website

Hope you get on ok as well

Alison

Thanks Alison. I have now booked 19th at 9am!

should be good. I have been told the boat ride out there is also interesting 🙂