ozzyeden
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hello everyone my name is Rita,  I have never travelled totally alone.  I have flown to destinations but met friends on destination.  This is all new to me so all help and comments will be appreciated
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Welcome Rita

There are many threads about travelling alone, basically once your at the airport your not alone..

I have a husband he hates touring so I go solo it works for us.

I have travelled the world with JY from Austria to New Zealand...been travelling since 2006 the company have grow so much since then and offers so many different styles of touring.

Life’s to short get looking and booking..

Any questions just ask someone should know the answer...

Cindy

lesley07
(Member)
Hi Rita

We have all had to take that first step into solo travel with a mixture of excitement and trepidation. My first solo holiday was in 2010 and I really bit the bullet by going to China. Have done many long haul and european holidays since.

My advice is pick a holiday and go for it. Once you have identified one those of us who have visited that destination will be happy to advise you.

Hope this helps

Lesley

'the_baron1' wrote:

'AnnF' wrote:

I HAVE to be right this time!  It's the Canadian Rockies.   When I went to the Rockies and Vancouver last year the train ride wasn't included but I assume that JY is reinstating it because I was told that it had been part of the holiday in previous years.   It'll be very interesting to see the new brochure - which will no doubt arrive while I'm away on my first JY holiday of the year.

Ann

So will I Ann,

Looking forward to see if it is included this time. Hope they cancel the Alaskan cruise part of it though!!!

Eric

'BGray' wrote:

Hi Jenny, if you are too late to book Alcatraz all is not lost!  I did the Golden West tour in 2011 and did the SF Bay cruise.  Although we did not actually visit Alcatraz we sailed near to it and the commentary told us lots about the prison, so although it wouldn't be quite the same as visiting it you could still learn a lot about it that way.  Hope you manage to get tickets though!

Hi Nicki, the age range of JY tours varies from tour to tour - I was 40 when I did the Golden West and I was certainly one of the youngest.  The age range in general is 20s - 80s, with most being 55-75.  Sometimes I'm the youngest on a tour, most times I'm not; having said that, as others will quickly tell you, everyone mixes well together on a JY tour so once you make an effort to talk to others you will be just fine!

All the best,

Bob

be

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Rose,

I think it's a forum glitch - just seeing if I can remove them without removing the other comment...strange!

Thanks,

Vickie

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi Rita

Welcome aboard.  Some of your fellow travellers, including me, have done a piece for the JY website - link below.  Have a read and then get booking.  You'll not regret it!

https://www.justyou.co.uk/en-gb/l/my-stories/ 

Regards

Sylvia