Ricardob59
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

Having been single for over 18 months, I am looking to secure a quality holiday for later in the year.

Just You was recommended to me & already excited looking at a number of the trips available..

My problem is that I have never travelled alone and nervous at the thought of how the trip will pan out..

Has anyone experienced this nervousness & if so what is the best advice to overcome the stigma..

Regards

Richard

Chris84
(Member)
'Ricardob59' wrote:

Hi,

Having been single for over 18 months, I am looking to secure a quality holiday for later in the year.

Just You was recommended to me & already excited looking at a number of the trips available..

My problem is that I have never travelled alone and nervous at the thought of how the trip will pan out..

Has anyone experienced this nervousness & if so what is the best advice to overcome the stigma..

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard

The nerves and 'stigma' gets banished at the moment of departure. On most / all tours you are greeted at the airport. you will  be sat next to someone on the same tour on the flight. So you are very rarely on your own. At mealtimes we are grouped together so you don't eat alone. And if you want some 'me' time you have your own room. 

Everyone goes through the same thoughts and nerves on their first trip. They wont come up again when you are planning your second and you wonder what you were worried about in the first place. 

If you are not sure, pick one of the shorter European trips like Andalusia or Tuscany to test the experience. 

Happy travels, let us know where you decide to go. 

Chris

Reyc1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Richard I have booked my first holiday with just you to Thailand in February, this is my first time with this company and the first time travelling on my own, everyone is very supportive on the forum and im sure whichever holiday you choose you will enjoy it and make new friends

Kind Regards

Christine

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Richard,

You are never alone with JY. Lost count either 12 or 13 trips and I have loved them all since 2010.

Jan

00Susanna00
(Member)
Hello Richard,

You have taken the first step in looking through the available trips, and if you see one that really interests you, then I am sure that will give you the encouragement you need. 

I was in a similar situation last year, and so pleased that I took the plunge. I had a wonderful holiday in Tuscany, a great group of fellow travellers, and an exceptional TM - Jonathan Clarke.

I am about to embark on a longer trip, and have absolutely no qualms at all. 

Good luck!

Kind regards,

Sue

intrepid traveller
(Member)
Hi Richard, welcome to JY.  There is no stigma on a JY holiday - am sure you will relax and have fun.  The number of men on a trip is usually fewer than the ladies although I have know it the other way round.  Sooooo as it is your first trip you might like to enquire how many other men are booked before you take the plunge. Enjoy
Mike A
(Member)
Hi Ricardo. I began with JY last June on a trip to Majorca, as I thought I'd try it out with a short-haul, but I met a fellow JYer (Dot), through her JY label at City Airport and we travelled out on the plane together. I met her for lunch in London last week actually, so we are still in touch. Then I went on the JY Florida trip last November, (seeing someone from that trip in a couple of weeks too), also great, and I have recently been on the Andalucia trip,(wonderful and great company from the others), so I think you will feel the same one year from now. Give it a try anyway and have a nice time wherever you chose to go.