JanBeth
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

Could I ask if anybody has had the yellow fever jab who is over 60?  I am looking at holidays that recommend to have this vaccination but have heard that it is not advisable if you are older.  I have been told that the vaccination itself could have horrendous side effects, but likewise if you got yellow fever, that's bad too.  I really don't know what to do and would welcome some advice.  Thank you!

Jan   :huh:

SusieB
(Member)
'JanBeth' wrote:

Hi,

Could I ask if anybody has had the yellow fever jab who is over 60?  I am looking at holidays that recommend to have this vaccination but have heard that it is not advisable if you are older.  I have been told that the vaccination itself could have horrendous side effects, but likewise if you got yellow fever, that's bad too.  I really don't know what to do and would welcome some advice.  Thank you!

Jan   :huh:

Hi,

I had a Yellow Fever jab 4 years ago at age 67 and had no problems at all. So if it's recommended I would definitely get it. Don't listen to too many horror stories  there's plenty more good ones but those people don't shout so loud!

Regards Sue  🙂

SarahS
(Member)
I had the yellow fever vacation at over 60 with no problems other than a little soreness in my arm.  I think there may be an age exemption for some countries, but I'm not sure at what age it starts.  It might be worth making some enquires.