Jilly Windy Miller
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello, Just need clarification on the necessity for a yellow fever vaccination for Zambia although I am aware your website and literature say we must have this in order to travel on to Zambia from South Africa. However, on their vaccination advice sites they say it is only necessary if travelling from a country where yellow fever is a problem; they list the countries involved but South Africa is not on it. Why then do we have to get a jab and certificate?
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jilly,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you on this I wanted to make sure this was double checked. We had a similar query last year after the FCO updated their website - our ground agents replied with:

"We have actually checked on this, at the moment nothing officially has come out from South African government, the officials at the airport will still be asking clients going or coming from Zambia for the yellow fever certificate."

My colleague checked with the agents again yesterday and the response was:

"No changes, Yellow Fever Certificate is still required."

Kindest regards,

Julia

Jilly Windy Miller
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Jilly,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you on this I wanted to make sure this was double checked. We had a similar query last year after the FCO updated their website - our ground agents replied with:

"We have actually checked on this, at the moment nothing officially has come out from South African government, the officials at the airport will still be asking clients going or coming from Zambia for the yellow fever certificate."

My colleague checked with the agents again yesterday and the response was:

"No changes, Yellow Fever Certificate is still required."

Kindest regards,

Julia

Ok, thank you for the clarification. Seems the advice on the internet is not quite as it should be. Better to be safe than sorry. Will head for the health clinic!

sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
The Yellow Fever certificate is needed for re-entering South Africa after having been to Zambia for your trip home. It is Zambia that is the risk not SA. I know it's a very expensive jab but believe me it is well worth it to see everything that Zambia offers. The extension is extremely busy if you squeeze everything in but has most amazing experiences in particular the helicopter trip over the falls and the elephant ride. This remains my favourite trip (out of 20 I've done) - you will have a fantastic time.