anitalaughs
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi there, can anyone enlighten me that has been on the Peru/Amazon add on if a vaccination for rabies was required.

Many Thanks.

Anita.

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Anita,

We would strongly advise you to speak your GP prior to the holiday or visit the website below.

http://travelhealthpro.org.uk/country-information/ 

Kind Regards,

Mildred.

Mike21
(Member)
'anitalaughs' wrote:

Hi there, can anyone enlighten me that has been on the Peru/Amazon add on if a vaccination for rabies was required.

Many Thanks.

Anita.

I went to Peru last October, fully expecting an extensive selection of vaccinations to be administered.  I was, therefore, pleasantly surprised to be advised that the only one I needed was for Yellow Fever (which cost £65).  Malaria prevention was not necessary for this southern area of Peru, nor even the Amazon tributary add-on though still in the same latitude, beyond the essential protection offered by careful coverage of anti-mosquito sprays available over the counter.

As for rabies for which you express such concern, I never heard it mentioned during the whole approach to my trip.

Of course, you must not rely on the advice of a fellow traveller but this is just to reassure you on that specific enquiry.

As for the destination, it proved to be beyond my expectations.  A wonderful trip, coming a close second to my personal all-time favourite three years before:  China!  Have a fabulous holiday, Anita, in a truly exotic country.