Angie S
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Today I'm thinking about how excited a set of people will be, about to embark tomorrow on the first JY tour to Iran on the "Highlights of Persia Tour". I just wished there was some of them on the forum to hear some feedback.

A week today I will be at the Iranian Embassy getting my visa (all going well) to go on this tour in 5 weeks time and I'm even excited about that!

Angie

1981Kedi
(Member)
Hi Angie!

Still love your avatar!!!! Between us - memories of China and Tibet! 

Perhaps the TM will remind the current group about all the future travellers who will be waiting for a review, hints and tips etc.

It does sound such an adventure - have a good day in London - and I will await your holiday review in due course   🙂

Angie S
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Diane,

Yes that is not my normal choice of head gear as you know!   Maybe a fresh set of China/Tibet travellers will know what it's about.   Yip, good memories.   I love my pic I have of an elderly Chinese man wearing one - I think he pulled it off better than me!

I hope all is good with you. 

Angie

Angie S
(Member) (Topic Starter)
We were told in guidance notes to call the embassy before travelling all the way to London. Everything I've read online suggests they do not answer the phone or respond to emails.

Very happy this morning when I phoned the embassy, that after a few press 1 for that and 2 for this, I spoke to a a very nice gentleman who advised my visit this Friday afternoon would be "no problem".

A good start 😃

Angie S
(Member) (Topic Starter)
After my visit to the Iranian Embassy on Friday 15th along with Monty Don (despite Ryanair's best efforts) I was very happy to have received in the post today my passport returned back to me complete with visa.

:D

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Angie,

That's great news and all the hassle was worth it!  I'm sure you will have an amazing time and I look forward to hearing all about it!

All the best,

Bob

Angie S
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Bob,

I can't believe how close it is all becoming. I'm getting a wardrobe delivery tomorrow - I hope it is all OK !

Angie

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Angie

Have a super holiday in Iran and yes, I recognize the flowery headgear as i have just returned from Roof of the World.

Best wishes

Di

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Angie

It is nice to know that you have now got your Visa for Iran. I am looking forward to reading all about the trip on your return. God only know if and when I will be able to do this trip as it is on my wish list.

Kind regards

Jaya