CoventryCarol
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I would like to chat to anyone else on the above trip/

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi CoventryCarol

Do you know the Christmas "Coventry Carol"? As a Covkid I ought to be able to recognize it, if I heard it, but probably wouldn't.

I am not going on this tour, but I did go on it in September 2013. The weather wasn't brilliant when we went but we had a delightful holiday with our base being the Hotel Weisses Kreuz in Feldkirch.

My highlights of the holiday were going on the cable car to the summit of Diedamskopf, Lindau and Lake Constance and the train journey to St. Moritz. We were very fortunate the day we were in Appenzell. We were held up, quite by luck. The cows were being brought down from the mountain pastures for the winter, literally hundreds of them,bedecked with flowers and bells. The cows yielding the most milk wearing the biggest and heaviest bells. Not to be outdone the farmers and their children were all dressed in their traditional refinery. Initially it was awesome but after about half an hour--oh no, how many more cows.

Kind regards

Di

Dorian
(Member)
I am going on this trip in May.  Sooooo excited!
Polly7
(Member)
Me too ! I am wondering what to pack ?
janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Carol and Dorian,

A brilliant trip from start to finish. I thought I went in Sept 2013, do not remember all those cows so not that trip like Di 😛 

Not sure if they still do the beer trip- waste of time as we were made to wait for food, whilst they fed everyone else who had a booking. I wanted a beer glass- supposedly what we drank out of- no glasses waiting for a delivery. I did ask for one to buy- washed one out for me to buy :dodgy: 

Played snowballs on one mountain, cog wheel train, post bus, ferries and stamp in passport from Vaduz.

Jan

ps watch your waistline with all that struedel in Appenzell 😉

CoventryCarol
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Dina' wrote:

Hi CoventryCarol

Do you know the Christmas "Coventry Carol"? As a Covkid I ought to be able to recognize it, if I heard it, but probably wouldn't.

I am not going on this tour, but I did go on it in September 2013. The weather wasn't brilliant when we went but we had a delightful holiday with our base being the Hotel Weisses Kreuz in Feldkirch.

My highlights of the holiday were going on the cable car to the summit of Diedamskopf, Lindau and Lake Constance and the train journey to St. Moritz. We were very fortunate the day we were in Appenzell. We were held up, quite by luck. The cows were being brought down from the mountain pastures for the winter, literally hundreds of them,bedecked with flowers and bells. The cows yielding the most milk wearing the biggest and heaviest bells. Not to be outdone the farmers and their children were all dressed in their traditional refinery. Initially it was awesome but after about half an hour--oh no, how many more cows.

Kind regards

Di

CoventryCarol
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Hi wrote:

Hi CoventryCarol

Kind regards

Di

MaggieTartaglia
(Member)
Hello Everyone,

Good to see there has been some chat going on.  I am your Tour Manager for the group on 10 May and really looking forward to meeting everyone.

The weather is looking good to begin with but rain later in the week which means it will be cooler.  We will also be going over some mountain passes and stopping to take photos so you will need something warm then.

I'm travelling out with the group from London Heathrow so will meet everyone in the baggage hall at Zurich Airport.  Except for you Dorian, I will catch up with you when we arrive at the hotel.

I'm really excited about the trip and hope you are too.

See you tomorrow.

Best Wishes 

Maggie