Mary8148
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Just You Travellers. 

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mary McCarroll, I am 39 yrs young, I love history, photography and of course traveling the world. I have just signed up for the Pompeii Tour for June 2017. This will be my first time traveling with Just You and I am extremely excited to be joining this wonderful company on this wonderful tour.

I am looking to touch base with fellow travelers who will be taking this tour so I may get to know who I will meet when we are in Pompeii. If you have been on this tour in the past I would love to hear from you as well and hear about your stories and suggestions for excursions and things not to be missed.  

Looking forward to hearing from everyone!!!!! 

Yours in Travel,

Mary

katy1717
(Member)
Hi Mary, welcome to the forum.  I've not done this trip, but I think you can find a review of it in the reviews section.   The only JY Italy trip I've done is to the Cilento Coast which was super.

Not a lot of travellers use the forum, so you may not be able to make contact with anyone before going on the trip.  But, when you get to the departure airport, if you put your JY luggage tag on your hand luggage you should start making contact with fellow travellers then. 

Regards, Katy

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Mary

Welcome to you, I have been useing JY since 2006 and have travelled the world, great tours I have seen and done so much, I have met so many great people along the way. I Have not been on this tour, the only Italian one I have been on was highlights of Tuscany.

Have a great time

Cindy

SarahS
(Member)
I did this tour in October last year, and would  thoroughly recommend  it.  Pompeii  was still very hot at even then. Make sure you use plenty of high factor sun lotion,  wear a hat or carry  an umbrella for shade, and drink plenty of water.   I did write a review of my tour. Have a great time.
Mary8148
(Member) (Topic Starter)
SarahS,Nixon, Rose1999 and katy1717

Thank you so much for all your replys and suggestions. I had heard that Pompeii is very hot with little to no shade so I guess the purchase of a hat will be in the cards when I arrive.

Again you guys are awesome.

Mary

Venetian
(Member)
'mmccarroll@tpi.ca' wrote:

SarahS,Nixon, Rose1999 and katy1717

Thank you so much for all your replys and suggestions. I had heard that Pompeii is very hot with little to no shade so I guess the purchase of a hat will be in the cards when I arrive.

Again you guys are awesome.

Mary

Hi Mary

I did this trip last year, it was excellent.  JY offer plenty of optional excursions for this tour and my advice would be to take as many of them as you can.  Bearing in mind the falling pound they represent good value for money, if you went to this part of the world independently all this trips would cost you a lot more.  Enjoy the holiday, I am sure you will.

mikestehr
(Member)

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mary McCarroll, I am 39 yrs young, I love history, photography and of course traveling the world. I have just signed up for the Pompeii Tour for June 2017. This will be my first time traveling with Just You and I am extremely excited to be joining this wonderful company on this wonderful tour.

I am looking to touch base with fellow travelers who will be taking this tour so I may get to know who I will meet when we are in Pompeii. If you have been on this tour in the past I would love to hear from you as well and hear about your stories and suggestions for excursions and things not to be missed.  

Yours in Travel,

Mary

Hi Mary,

Did the Pompeii trip in first week of September this year.Weather was still pretty hot but bearable.Floppy hat is a must.My second trip with JY-both have been excellent.Now saving for big US trip in 2018!

Pompeii ruins are only 10 minutes walk from hotel.The site is huge but very impressive.Our guide was very knowledgeable.She also did the Herculanaem and Capri excursions.Vesuvius,Amalfi coast and Sorrento trips were brilliant.Glad walk up Vesuvius was mid morning before temperature too hot and before big coaches arrived.Did all the excursions except Capri but had good reports.

Perhaps could revisit Pompeii ruins on another day to cover some of the areas not covered on half-day excursion.

Very easy to make friends on JY holidays.Age range on this trip was 30's to 70's.Hotel next to train station,so can take very cheap trip to Naples if you want.Best not to go alone and be vigilant as some shady characters about-suppose same for most big cities nowadays.

Hotel rooms were very variable in size-mine was huge!Food wasn't particularly great.Think were used to mostly Italian visitors for most of the summer months who visit the nearby cathedral.Staff in hotel are brilliant and always happy to help.

I am sure you will love this holiday.

Regards,

Mike S   🙂

Mary8148
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'mikestehrThank wrote:

Yours in Travel,

Mary

Hi Mary,

Did the Pompeii trip in first week of September this year.Weather was still pretty hot but bearable.Floppy hat is a must.My second trip with JY-both have been excellent.Now saving for big US trip in 2018!

Pompeii ruins are only 10 minutes walk from hotel.The site is huge but very impressive.Our guide was very knowledgeable.She also did the Herculanaem and Capri excursions.Vesuvius,Amalfi coast and Sorrento trips were brilliant.Glad walk up Vesuvius was mid morning before temperature too hot and before big coaches arrived.Did all the excursions except Capri but had good reports.

Perhaps could revisit Pompeii ruins on another day to cover some of the areas not covered on half-day excursion.

Very easy to make friends on JY holidays.Age range on this trip was 30's to 70's.Hotel next to train station,so can take very cheap trip to Naples if you want.Best not to go alone and be vigilant as some shady characters about-suppose same for most big cities nowadays.

Hotel rooms were very variable in size-mine was huge!Food wasn't particularly great.Think were used to mostly Italian visitors for most of the summer months who visit the nearby cathedral.Staff in hotel are brilliant and always happy to help.

I am sure you will love this holiday.

Regards,

Mike S   :)