AbbaDave
(Member)
when i was thinking of flying from Manchester i was looking at the Clayton Hotel which seems about as close as you could get, there used to be a Travelodge with a shuttle service but that seems no more now

http://www.claytonhotelmanchesterairport.com/overview/ 

regards

Dave

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rose

I use the Airport Inn at Wilmslow as it is one of the few that allows you to leave your car at the hotel and is easy to get to.  Many of the others require you to park on the Jetparks which defeats the object.  They run a taxi service to the airport which I think is £6 return.  I book through Travel Supermarkets or BCP parking for a combined hotel and parking deal.

Hope this helps

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rose,

It's been about 5 years since I last flew from Manchester airport, but I stayed at the Crowne Plaza which I found to be very comfortable. I'm sure they do a combined hotel and parking deal.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Mick W
(Member)
Think the Clayton is what was bewleys hotel and is ideal as you can walk to the terminals if you choose (5 minutes to 1 or 3, bit longer to 2), used it many times under its former name.

Crowne plaza is next door and also a good shout.

petershare
(Member)
Hi Rose,

Iv'e stayed at the Premier Inn Heald Green a few times, it's a Premier Inn but i find them fine for a short stay, next to Heald Green railway station with early direct trains to the Airport station or about £6 for a taxi which the hotel will book for you.

Hope this helps and hope you enjoy your hols,

Best Wishes Peter

Joany-Pony
(Member)
Hi Rose

I too have stayed at Crown Plaza. Very comfortable and convenient with regular shuttle bus24 hrs. Love the Sampans Asian restaurant. Makes an excellent start to the holiday.

Also stayed at Radison Blue. You can walk to terminal from here.  Though these can appear expensive, if you keep an eye 'on line,'  and you perhaps book in plenty of time, you can sometimes  pick up a good deal. 

Premier Inn also good, though a little further away, can book a shuttle. Joan.