AnnF
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Before booking a JY holiday quite a lot of people like to check out the Review section of the Forum. Some holidays have not been reviewed at all or else the review may be quite old, written before the details of the holiday have been altered or even be a completely new holiday.

Please can I ask you to consider writing a review of your JY holiday when you come home? You don't need 'O' level English nor do you need to write a lot, but it would be helpful to set out the good points of the holiday and (if anything went wrong) any bad points. If you can do this fairly soon after your return, the details of the holiday will still be fresh in your mind. This would help people to decide whether the holiday would be for them and, in the case of any adverse remarks, allow JY to comment. With all the new holidays JY has introduced this year and, from Julia and Monty's hints, will be coming in for 2016, up-to-date reviews will be even more welcome.

Ann

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Ann,

I quite agree with this comment. I know that there was a trip for Flavour of Tuscany back in June, not seen anything about it. Would like to know about Florence and time spent there as there are only 3 Hard Rock Cafes in Italy and one of them is in Florence. I would like to know if we have enough time to buy a pin for me and a shot glass for my daughter :huh:

Jan

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Well said Ann! I hope more people review their holidays, it would be a great help to us all.

Best wishes,

Bob

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
'AnnF' wrote:

Before booking a JY holiday quite a lot of people like to check out the Review section of the Forum. Some holidays have not been reviewed at all or else the review may be quite old, written before the details of the holiday have been altered or even be a completely new holiday.

Please can I ask you to consider writing a review of your JY holiday when you come home? You don't need 'O' level English nor do you need to write a lot, but it would be helpful to set out the good points of the holiday and (if anything went wrong) any bad points. If you can do this fairly soon after your return, the details of the holiday will still be fresh in your mind. This would help people to decide whether the holiday would be for them and, in the case of any adverse remarks, allow JY to comment. With all the new holidays JY has introduced this year and, from Julia and Monty's hints, will be coming in for 2016, up-to-date reviews will be even more welcome.

Ann

Hi Ann,

Nice thread. I always encourage people to write a review because i find it quite enjoyable, reading their experiences both positive and negative, but remember that a lot of people dont use the forum.

Mark

Bosuncat
(Member)
'janib' wrote:

Hello Ann,

I quite agree with this comment. I know that there was a trip for Flavour of Tuscany back in June, not seen anything about it. Would like to know about Florence and time spent there as there are only 3 Hard Rock Cafes in Italy and one of them is in Florence. I would like to know if we have enough time to buy a pin for me and a shot glass for my daughter :huh:

Jan

I agree totally with you Ann and I too would like to see more reviews.

Jan, we had some hours in Florence on the trip when I went but of course that was a different tour. I remember seeing Hard Rock Café but can't for the life of me remember where it was close to. Sorry. Hope you get enough time and enjoy the trip and the hotel. I remember their vodka measures with great affection!

JeanK62
(Member)
'janib' wrote:

Hello Ann,

Jan

Hi Jan,

I did the Tuscany trip last Sept and yes you should have time to buy the things you want. We had a couple of hours, I think, to wander on our own, have lunch etc. if you want to go to any of the art galleries in particular, then I would do that first as the queues were quite long and many prebooked.

Have a lovely time.

Jean

Kezzer46
(Member)
You need to remember that not everyone who travels with JY is a member of this forum. From what I can see most of the regular JY travellers always write the most fabulous reviews when they return (my thanks to them). You can also go too Feefo and see comments from people regarding JY holidays good or bad (most good however!).

Kezzer

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Tend to agree with Kezzer, most of us that do go in the tours do leave a review, I have on each one I have been on.

I do tend to look at Feefo to see what is said in there, they can be very short reviews. trouble is some people once they are back just don't feel the need to write about their experience.

Lets hope more people will in the future.

Cindy

wanny
  • (Member)
(Member)
on my America and Canada trip ill be writing a diary ( just so I don't forget what I did in years to come!) maybe that will help in reviews but im not the grested the writer and I do like reading reviews both good and bad!
katy1717
(Member)
OK, feeling very guilty here, as although I always encourage posters to review their holidays am aware that I haven't followed through myself. And I find the reviews very useful in deciding whether or not I would like the holiday.

Since doing the trip to Jordan last November (when Bob was on the holiday and wrote an excellent review so my (minimal) input was to just add one or two things that occurred to me), I've done the Cote d'Azur and the Historic East trips. Last week responded on the "share your travel tips" section to someone who is doing the Cote d'Azur trip shortly with my memories of this trip last April. Will post a review of the Historic East trip I did in June today or tomorrow. (And I really will do another for the Albi and Carcasonne trip when I get back - due to go in September.)

Katy

SarahS
(Member)
One man's meat......as they say. Reviews tend to be subjective, often coloured by the overall enjoyment of a trip. For reviews of any holiday to be helpful to others more than one person needs to post, and the reviews need to deal with positive and negative aspects of holidays. I have seen poor reviews of holidays I have enjoyed, and excellent reviews of one or two that didn't come up to my expectation. Also, year on year, changes are made to many holidays, so what was current in 2013 may not still apply in 2015 or 2016. I find it useful to do a little research into destinations and hotels, and ask any relevant questions thrown up before I commit to a booking.
janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thank you Jean for the comment on Florence. I do hope that we have enough time although I know we visit the Ponte Vecchio and the Duomo before going onto Chianti wine country and Greve. Maybe Monty, you could find out for me if there is enough time for me and the Hard Rock Cafe :)

Jan

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I personally find reviews useful and like reading them. I also find them useful when I am not sure whether or not to go on a particular holiday. I would never have thought about doing the Silk Road trip, but having read the reviews am planning to do this holiday in the near future. Sarah, I do agree that everyone is different and what is good for one is not so good for the other, but reviews do give you a flavour of the holiday and as a result I would encourage the Community users to post one on their return from a holiday.

Jaya

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jaya, I agree with what you have said. And I love your new profile picture, it's a great photo!

Best wishes,

Bob

Mick W
(Member)
Agree with Jaya, its enjoyable reading reviews and often gives us ideas where we would like to go. Also very useful its part of a forum so can answer each others questions.
sallyc
(Member)
I agree with Bob - fab photo Jaya
Bosuncat
(Member)
What a lovely photo Jaya!

And I totally agree. It is always useful to read both positive (and negative if any) aspects of a trip. It helps everyone in the long run.

Also it would be lovely (if reviewers have FB) to see photos of the trip on there. I am sure Monty can offer advice on how you can do that.

(Member)
Hi Bosuncat,

We are actually looking into our social media strategy, and we are looking into sharing photos on Facebook! However, if you would like to tag the Just You page in your photos, please go ahead and they should (hopefully) appear somewhere on the Facebook page.

Kindest regards,

Monty

Bosuncat
(Member)
I will remember that for when I come back from Croatia Monty. Thank you.
Anne2013
(Member)
'wanny' wrote:

on my America and Canada trip ill be writing a diary ( just so I don't forget what I did in years to come!) maybe that will help in reviews but im not the grested the writer and I do like reading reviews both good and bad!

That's a good idea and one that I may also do. Will add pen and paper to my list of things to take.

It's getting closer now and have just booked Cape Cod trip.

Would you like to meet up at Heathrow? It would be good to perhaps speak before and arrange something. What do you think?