StuartJY
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just registered but been on a few JY trips before.

Off to India 26 October and pleased to hear from any fellow travellers or news from those who have done this trip already. Stuart.

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Stuart,

I did this holiday in 2012, one of the first departures and it is excellent. You will see and do so much in the time available, it is terrific value. My highlights were, I suppose, the obvious ones, seeing the Taj close up and getting great photos of a tiger in Ranthambore. Northern India is manic, with constant noise, people, litter and smells! But if you go with an open mind, I am sure you will have a great holiday. I suggest you get Boots Digestion Support Travel pills before you go to help protect your stomach, as India is one of those countries where the different bacteria in the food can easily give you an upset. But don't let that put you off! The rickshaw ride in Varanasi and seeing the rituals on the Ganges were also remarkable experiences. Have a great holiday,

Bob

lesley07
(Member)
Hi

I also did this trip in 2012 and can echo all that Bob has said. It was a hectic but wonderful experience. Ticked a few things off my wish list. Am off to Kerala in September and am looking forward to visiting India again.

Enjoy your holiday when it comes.

Lesley