Brave spirit
(Member) (Topic Starter)
After plucking up my courage and booking my first solo trip to Vietnam in May of this year I was gutted yesterday to receive a call to say that due to being undersubscribed the trip was cancelled. I have had a look at alternatives and the China Inspiration tour looks equally as wonderful but after speaking to an operator there are at the moment only seven people booked on this and that would need to double to confirm it, I totally understand that a trip needs to have enough people to make it viable but it is so disappointing and frustrating to have had this happen , I have to book time off work quite some way ahead. Has anyone else experienced this ?
sjm533
(Member)
'Brave wrote:

After plucking up my courage and booking my first solo trip to Vietnam in May of this year I was gutted yesterday to receive a call to say that due to being undersubscribed the trip was cancelled. I have had a look at alternatives and the China Inspiration tour looks equally as wonderful but after speaking to an operator there are at the moment only seven people booked on this and that would need to double to confirm it, I totally understand that a trip needs to have enough people to make it viable but it is so disappointing and frustrating to have had this happen , I have to book time off work quite some way ahead. Has anyone else experienced this ?

Hello,

My very first trip with JY was cancelled, and after all the courage it takes to book, yes it is one very nasty knock back.

In my case it was not the fault of JY, but due to flooding. I had booked a river cruise and the river burst its banks.

I have read on here though of others that have been in your situation, booking time off work, arranging transport, insurance, etc, etc. It doesn't appear as though it happens very often, but yes, it is not unknown.

Having booked once, it will be easier to book again, if you can find something that appeals. The further ahead you book the less likely it is that there will be many booked. Several seem to fill up in the last few weeks. Not a lot of use when you have to book time off well in advance.

Hope you find something.

Sylvia

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Brave Spirit

I can totally understand how you feel as a much wanted tour to OZ was cancelled many years ago for the same reason, and although JY offered another date like you my leave had to be booked so in advanced and therefor I couldn't go with JY!

What I would like to say, is that since starting using JY in 2006 and I have my 11th tour booked, OZ has been the only one that JY cancelled. So please try not to be put off.

Cindy

Angie 2
(Member)
'sjm533' wrote:

'Brave wrote:

Hello,

My very first trip with JY was cancelled, and after all the courage it takes to book, yes it is one very nasty knock back.

In my case it was not the fault of JY, but due to flooding. I had booked a river cruise and the river burst its banks.

I have read on here though of others that have been in your situation, booking time off work, arranging transport, insurance, etc, etc. It doesn't appear as though it happens very often, but yes, it is not unknown.

Having booked once, it will be easier to book again, if you can find something that appeals. The further ahead you book the less likely it is that there will be many booked. Several seem to fill up in the last few weeks. Not a lot of use when you have to book time off well in advance.

Hope you find something.

Sylvia

If you have already booked the time off it may be of use to ask Just You which holidays have been cleared for those dates to see if there is something that appeals to you. Or if you have not already booked the time off work to find out if any holidays you are interested in have been cleared to go on other dates.

I do hope this doesn't put you off booking. Good Luck.

Angela

nige0556
(Member)
Happened to me with a Holy Land trip about 3 years ago, although there was the offer to go on the main travelsphere trip which I decided against.

Thing is, it made me vow that I would book later to avoid this, but if everyone does that more and more trips will be cancelled as being not viable before the potential last minute booking surge can kick in

Still haven't made it to Israel but it remains on the bucket list.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Nige

I hope you make it to Israel one day as it is really a great trip. I tend to book my holidays very early. In fact I was the first one to book May Namibia and November Kerala trips for this year as soon as the brochure came out last year. I know Namibia trip is going ahead and fingers crossed that Kerala one will be too as will be very disappointed if it is cancelled. I had to cancel Kerala in 2013 due to health issues.

Jaya