AllyJane26
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi! :shy: My name is Ally I'm 26, I'm British and am Bored of life at home right now lol. I have been dying to travel and am finally fed up of Thinking about it and am ready to start Doing something about it.

I have three places that are really sticking out in my head that I've seen in the brochure which I ordered a couple days ago and the three that stick out are the Icelandic Splendours, Athens, Olympia and Corinth Coast tour and New York City.

I'm going to have to save alittle longer for the moment to make sure I have enough to cover everything but I love the thought of going on one of these three things and cannot decide which one I'd rather go on (So wish I could win the lottery right now and do all three lol) :P [/size][/font]

Are there any experienced travellers who have been there before and can give ideas about the best but affordable things?

Or are there any other first time travellers like myself who may be interested in the same sorts of places?

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
hello Ally

How can you be bored at 26 LOL...oh to be that age again!

OK the holidays that you mentioned that I would vote for would be ...as I have been there twice as there so much to do and see would be NEW YORK!!!! It would be a full on time of seeing and doing! But so worth it...

I started using JY in 2006 and have had some great times and seen the world...

Very safe way to travel great fun you see and do so much, any questions just ask

Cindy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ally,

I'm going to Iceland with JY in March and will write up a review when I get back, perhaps it will help you to make up your mind!

Best wishes,

Bob

AllyJane26
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nixon' wrote:

hello Ally

How can you be bored at 26 LOL...oh to be that age again!

OK the holidays that you mentioned that I would vote for would be ...as I have been there twice as there so much to do and see would be NEW YORK!!!! It would be a full on time of seeing and doing! But so worth it...

I started using JY in 2006 and have had some great times and seen the world...

Very safe way to travel great fun you see and do so much, any questions just ask

Cindy

Hi Cindy :-)

Thank so much for replying to my comment :-). Believe me 26 gets boring fast when all i do is eat, sleep and work lol Bored!! Lol Really bored lol. New York sounds Amazing!!! Definitely having to save a lot at the moment because Iceland is my ideal holiday too at the moment and Greece lol I want all of them!!! Where's a winning lottery ticket when you need one lol :P

AllyJane26
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Ally,

I'm going to Iceland with JY in March and will write up a review when I get back, perhaps it will help you to make up your mind!

Best wishes,

Bob

Hi BGray :shy:

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for your review. Iceland looks incredible! Amazing and beautiful scenery, that and maybe a chance or two for a Ski lesson!! :D I've always wanted to try that...or Snowboarding

AllyJane26
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Ok my heart is settling more and more on New York for the 5 day city holiday 🙂 I've always wanted to see NYC up close and personal but I'm looking to go with people around my own age. Is there anyone looking to go to New York this year???
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ally Jane

If you are looking to go with people around your age, then maybe Just You is not for you as the average age of travellers is between 40-80, though there are younger people on some trips. Age is just a number so why worry about it? If you get on well with people of all ages, then do go ahead and book New York with Just You. I have been on 8 Just You trip and enjoyed each and every one of them. When I went to Jordan there were a couple of ladies in their 20s, but on most of the other trips the age range has been higher. I have found that sometimes older people are more fun to be with!

Jaya

AllyJane26
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Ally Jane

If you are looking to go with people around your age, then maybe Just You is not for you as the average age of travellers is between 40-80, though there are younger people on some trips. Age is just a number so why worry about it? If you get on well with people of all ages, then do go ahead and book New York with Just You. I have been on 8 Just You trip and enjoyed each and every one of them. When I went to Jordan there were a couple of ladies in their 20s, but on most of the other trips the age range has been higher. I have found that sometimes older people are more fun to be with!

Jaya

Jaya,

I apologise if my question has offended anyone in someway but I in no way meant it in an offensive manner. I have nothing against older people however I would like to know the possibility of travelling with people my own age. As you have stated some younger people do tend to travel and that's all I wanted to know, however if I've phrased it in a bad way I apologise.

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi AllhJane26

You didnt offend me. in fact this question is asked a lot. I am 28 and i have been using JY since i was 22 and my advice would be to just go for it. You have nothing to lose and i have never felt out of place or uncomfortable!

Mark

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi AllyJane

Believe me, you did not offend me. I was just saying that if you wanted to travel with people your age (which is understandable) then perhaps Just You is not for you. May be I have phrased my reply in a bad way! Why don't you book one short trip with Just You and see how it goes? I do hope that you will find something of interest and take the plunge. Happy travelling.

Jaya

AllyJane26
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'marks' wrote:

Hi AllhJane26

You didnt offend me. in fact this question is asked a lot. I am 28 and i have been using JY since i was 22 and my advice would be to just go for it. You have nothing to lose and i have never felt out of place or uncomfortable!

Mark

Thanks for that Mark :shy: I just want to try and get to know people around my own age. I don't have many friends so if I can meet people I'd like too.

AllyJane26
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I be honest it's just been a rubbish end to the year last year. I spilt up with my boyfriend coz for lack of better words he was a selfish rat! My uncle died, I ended up moving back with my mum being in a town I hate and am just looking to try and do something with my life lol. I'm really restless at the moment lol I just want to get away for a while. I've got about ten different places I want to go I just can't pick one to do first 😛
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi AllyJane,

Sorry you've been through a rotten time. If you have ten JY hols you're interested in, why don't you list them here and those of us who've had experience of them might be able to help you narrow it down a bit?

Cheers,

Bob

sue1305
(Member)
'AllyJane26' wrote:

I be honest it's just been a rubbish end to the year last year. I spilt up with my boyfriend coz for lack of better words he was a selfish rat! My uncle died, I ended up moving back with my mum being in a town I hate and am just looking to try and do something with my life lol. I'm really restless at the moment lol I just want to get away for a while. I've got about ten different places I want to go I just can't pick one to do first :-P

Hi Allyjane

I can completely sympathise with you on the boyfriend front. My ex husband was exactly like that. He left me with enough issues that it took 10 years to sort. Now I'm all about me and what I want to do. Age doesn't matter. Hey I'm only 33 but I'm going to Pompeii, Sorrento and the Bay of Naples in June. It's something that he would never have done in a million years but I am interested in. I have been back with my parents since my split and this will be my first trip completely alone (ie not travelling with anyone).

Pick a place you really want to see and go.

Good luck and I hope you have a good time wherever you end up going.

Sue.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Allyjane

Sorry to hear about the tough time you have had lately. You are still young and life has to go on so please be brave and pick one holiday from your list of 10 and go ahead and book it. This will be your first step in starting all over again and in doing so you will have lots of fun discovering new places and meeting new people. Life is short and one should try and make the most of it.

Good luck.

Jaya

sallyc
(Member)
Hi AllyJane

I completely understand about there being too many holidays to chose from. I always find that I have the next couple of years planned and then JY Will goes and throws a spanner in the works by introducing fabulous new trips (it happened with Hawaii and Namibia and now has happened with the hinted at trips to Guatemala and Alaska). I sometimes think I'm never going to get to see Mount Rushmore.....!

One thing to consider is when you want to go as some of the trips only go a couple of times during the year. Then have a look at the climate for each destination to see when its best to go. You could also look to see what holidays already have chat on this forum about them as it always helps to touch base with fellow travellers to ease those pre-holiday nerves. Other than that, just put the countries into a hat a go with whatever comes out first. I started doing these trips at age 30 and thirteen years later have done 22 holidays with 3 more booked this year. The world is a big place just waiting for you to visit it.

As Bob suggests if you post your options we can offer our advice about them.

Best of luck

Sally

p.s. Bob - just four weeks to go now...........

Lucinda
(Member)
'AllyJane26' wrote:

I be honest it's just been a rubbish end to the year last year. I spilt up with my boyfriend coz for lack of better words he was a selfish rat! My uncle died, I ended up moving back with my mum being in a town I hate and am just looking to try and do something with my life lol. I'm really restless at the moment lol I just want to get away for a while. I've got about ten different places I want to go I just can't pick one to do first :-P

Hi

I've done a few trips with just you and im always the youngest at 33. I can understand wanted to go with people your own age and I was a little worried, however I have always mixed well with the groups and found people to enjoy my time with. Once you start, you won't stop! I have looked at other companies but always come back to JY. I would go with the trip that most takes your fancy. As others say, pop on here where your thinking of, there are always people offering advice. Also ask the editor what the ages range is on the trip your thinking of. Let me know if u need any more advice

Lucinda

AllyJane26
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Ok I'll try listing ten.

1) New York

2) Iceland

3) Cuba

3) Greece

4) Austria

5) San Francsico

6) New Orleans (for the music lol)

7) Tuscany

8) Cyprus

9) Norway

10) Barcelona

AllyJane26
(Member) (Topic Starter)
And you know what I'm starting with the bottom and working my way up! Decision made peoples Barcelona in May it is! 🙂
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi AllyJane,

I'm delighted you've made your decision - Barcelona looks amazing and it's on my wish list too! Of the places you're interested in, I've been to Austria, San Francisco, part of Tuscany and Norway and can recommend them all for great scenery and iconic sights. I'm off to Iceland in a fortnight and hope to write up a review of that trip when I get back. Now you've made your decision, you can start to read up on Barcelona and really look forward to it!

Have a great time,

Bob