Mick W
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
So who is meeting up for a meal on 2nd May before the Slovenia Trip ?

The plan is to meet in the Three Magpies Pub on Bath Road, its easy to get to on the Freeflow buses from most of the hotels around Heathrow.

I'm staying just across the road at the Park Inn got a great hotel/parking deal (£62 for the week) and believe 2 or 3 others are doing the same.

Will use the freeflow bus to get to terminal in the morning.

Reckon 7-00 to 7-30pm is good time to meet if everyone in agreement.

Happy to exchange details through the forum if anyone wants to assist arranging meeting (maybe those of us at the park Inn could meet in reception and walk across to the Pub together).

Mick

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Mick

I am not on this tour but as I am up the road, I hope to pop along to meet up with you all...if we are eating do we need to book a table?

Hope you have a good turn out..

Cindy

Mick W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Cindy,

Never had problem getting a table just turning up, not sure they even do bookings think its a case of just grabbing one as they come available.

Looking forward to meeting you again.

Mick

Bosuncat
(Member)
I'm wondering whether we might need to book too Mick? You have more experience of the pub than I do!

I have my transport booked down to Heathrow now and am planning to be at the Holiday Inn from mid afternoon onward. I am happy to meet up with anyone for a drink pre meal or meet you guys either outside the pub or in the reception at the Park.

Asti
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mick

My flight from Aberdeen isn't due in to Terminal 5 till 19.55. I'm staying at the Sheraton Heathrow so by the time I get there it'll probably be too late to meet up with you all. Shame, but looking forward to meeting you on the Saturday!

Annette

Sue16
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

The plan is to meet in the Three Magpies Pub on Bath Road, its easy to get to on the Freeflow buses from most of the hotels around Heathrow.

I'm staying just across the road at the Park Inn got a great hotel/parking deal (£62 for the week) and believe 2 or 3 others are doing the same.

Happy to exchange details through the forum if anyone wants to assist arranging meeting (maybe those of us at the park Inn could meet in reception and walk across to the Pub together).

Mick

My flight is due to land at 6.15 pm (5.20 pm from Manchester) I would probably be able to meet at 7.30 pm in reception.

Sue

Mick W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Asti' wrote:

Hi Mick

My flight from Aberdeen isn't due in to Terminal 5 till 19.55. I'm staying at the Sheraton Heathrow so by the time I get there it'll probably be too late to meet up with you all. Shame, but looking forward to meeting you on the Saturday!

Annette

Annette,

Shame you cant join us but will look forward to meeting you in the morning.

Mick

Mick W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

I'm wondering whether we might need to book too Mick? You have more experience of the pub than I do!

I have my transport booked down to Heathrow now and am planning to be at the Holiday Inn from mid afternoon onward. I am happy to meet up with anyone for a drink pre meal or meet you guys either outside the pub or in the reception at the Park.

Bosuncat,

I'm driving up from Winchester (visiting friends) after lunch so should be there late afternoon (4pm).

Will email my mobile and we could maybe check the Pub out and book if feel necessary, always got table just turning up in the past.

Mick

Mick W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Sue16' wrote:

'Mick wrote:

Mick

My flight is due to land at 6.15 pm (5.20 pm from Manchester) I would probably be able to meet at 7.30 pm in reception.

Sue

Sue,

Not sure if you know the bus system but if you are arriving at terminal 5 you can get a No423 Bus straight as you come out the terminal (bus stop 3 i believe) which will drop you off just past the Hotel. They are really regular and free around heathrow plus quicker than the Hoppa buses which charge (think it takes about 12 to 14 minutes).

Will be getting same one back in the morning.

You can't go wrong as it terminates at terminal 5 so no need to worry about direction.

Looks like a few northerners this trip, I'm from near York but down south the day before visiting friends.

Look forward to meeting you.

Mick

jthinch
(Member)
'Sue16' wrote:

'Mick wrote:

Mick

Sue

Hi Sue

I'm on the same flight to Heathrow from Manchester. Although, as I'm staying at the Terminal 5 Premier Inn, I'm not likely to join you at the Three Magpies, maybe we could meet up for a coffee at Manchester before the flight.

James

Bosuncat
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

Bosuncat,

I'm driving up from Winchester (visiting friends) after lunch so should be there late afternoon (4pm).

Will email my mobile and we could maybe check the Pub out and book if feel necessary, always got table just turning up in the past.

Mick

Good thinking perhaps Mick. I am going into the bus station instead of Terminal 5 but think I should still be at the HI by 3pm at the latest. I have to get a new mobile still but will of course email it you when I get one!

Sue16
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

'Sue16' wrote:

'Mick wrote:

Mick

Sue

Sue,

Not sure if you know the bus system but if you are arriving at terminal 5 you can get a No423 Bus straight as you come out the terminal (bus stop 3 i believe) which will drop you off just past the Hotel. They are really regular and free around heathrow plus quicker than the Hoppa buses which charge (think it takes about 12 to 14 minutes).

Will be getting same one back in the morning.

You can't go wrong as it terminates at terminal 5 so no need to worry about direction.

Looks like a few northerners this trip, I'm from near York but down south the day before visiting friends.

Look forward to meeting you.

Mick

Thanks Mick. Lucky you living near York, one of my favourite places.

Mick W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
My final documents arrived this morning, not long now.

See you all soon.

Mick

Bosuncat
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

My final documents arrived this morning, not long now.

See you all soon.

Mick

Mine have arrived too!

Mick W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Have checked the buses and on the saturday morning and those of us staying at the Park Inn & Hol inn (or others near) can catch the 6-20am free service bus (from outside the 3 magpies) and it arrives at terminal 5 at 6-29.

Is an earlier bus (5-50am) but think the 6-20 is fine.

Mick W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Sue16' wrote:

'Mick wrote:

Mick

Sue

Sue,

The 423 bus (which is free) i mentioned leaves terminal 5 at the following times after your flight lands.

6-20pm (prob too early)

6-40pm (maybe)

7.00pm

7-20pm

It takes about 12 minutes to hotel at that time of day.

I'll try to be in reception around the time you are likely to arrive to say hello.

The bus stop you want is called Sibson road (not sibson way which is one before), its just past the hotel which you'll see on your left.

Mick

Bosuncat,

If you use the free bus to get to your hotel you'll want the Sibson Way stop.

Mick

Bosuncat
(Member)
Thanks for all the info Mick!! :thumbup:
Sue16
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

'Sue16' wrote:

'Mick wrote:

Mick

Sue

Sue,

The 423 bus (which is free) i mentioned leaves terminal 5 at the following times after your flight lands.

6-20pm (prob too early)

6-40pm (maybe)

7.00pm

7-20pm

It takes about 12 minutes to hotel at that time of day.

I'll try to be in reception around the time you are likely to arrive to say hello.

The bus stop you want is called Sibson road (not sibson way which is one before), its just past the hotel which you'll see on your left.

Mick

Bosuncat,

If you use the free bus to get to your hotel you'll want the Sibson Way stop.

Mick

Thanks Mick, quick shower and change, should be okay for time.

Sue

Mick W
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Anyone else joining us night before ?
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

Anyone else joining us night before ?

Don't forget little old me!!!! What time should I arrive for..LOL

Cindy