Essa
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi l am going on Cilento trip 4th May would love to chat to someone also going. This is my first time on here not having much luck not doing something right. l have done a few JY Holidays all been Fantastic. Tessa
mags5
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Essa' wrote:

Hi l am going on Cilento trip 4th May would love to chat to someone also going. This is my first time on here not having much luck not doing something right. l have done a few JY Holidays all been Fantastic. Tessa

Hi Tessa, I booked Cilento today for 4th May and its my first trip with JY so I look forward to meeting you. It'll be my first time travelling alone and I'm pleased with myself for finally booking this trip. Mags5

Teresa2013
(Member)
Hi Tessa. I am also going to Cilento on 4th May. It is good to chat to someone else that is going.

I went to Croatia with JY last year and really enjoyed it so decided to go away again this year.

The Cilento trip looks great and I have seen good reviews about the hotel.

I think we have made a good choice! Teresa

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Essa,

Ive done this tour and enjoyed it. Not too hectic, but still interesting and stuff to do.

Mark

Essa
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'mags5' wrote:

'Essa' wrote:

Hi Tessa, I booked Cilento today for 4th May and its my first trip with JY so I look forward to meeting you. It'll be my first time travelling alone and I'm pleased with myself for finally booking this trip. Mags5

Hi Mags Lovely to hear from you, you have done the right thing booking with JY you will have a great time . l know the feeling when you book first one Well done! l was on the 20th April tour but was changed to 4th May. Look forward to meeting you . 😉

Essa
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Teresa2013' wrote:

Hi Tessa. I am also going to Cilento on 4th May. It is good to chat to someone else that is going.

I went to Croatia with JY last year and really enjoyed it so decided to go away again this year.

The Cilento trip looks great and I have seen good reviews about the hotel.

I think we have made a good choice! Teresa

Hi Teresa Great to hear from you. Yes l think we have made a good choice, did you enjoy Croatia last year? Look forward to hearing from you again & meeting you. Tessa

Essa
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'marks' wrote:

Hi Essa,

Ive done this tour and enjoyed it. Not too hectic, but still interesting and stuff to do.

Mark

Hi Mark l am new to this site. Thank you for post nice to hear from someone who has been, l must say it looks Great. l have done 5 other JY Hols but l still get nervous so it's good to chat to people doing the same. Tessa

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

I have posted a review somewhere. It is an almost universally positively rated trip so i can't see an issue. Classic Italy without all the tourists (apart from Amalfi and Ravello which is packed)!

Mark

Bosuncat
(Member)
Wonderful holiday (I have been twice) :thumbup:

I love the village because it feels like the real Italy, and the hotel is so nice, lovely staff, great rooms and excellent food.

As Mark says apart from Amalfi and Ravello you will not find a tremendous amount of tourists about.

I would go back like a shot. Anytime!

Watch out for the icecream and the sandwiches at the bar by the marina. 😛

Essa
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mark Thanks for that can't wait for this trip. Are you doing any JY Hols soon?. Tessa
Mel P
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Essa

I did this trip last June and had a wonderful time. San Marco is a lovely fishing village. The hotel is excellent as well and food fabulous. Free wine. Can't be bad.

The trips are good too and not hectic. I thoroughly recommend Paestrum. Amazing. Not one temple but three. The museum is very interesting too.

Amalfi and Ravello was a really good trip. I found it intersting how everyone managed to go round the twisty bends.

The cilento coast trip is an undiscovered part of the country and well worth visiting. You have made a good choice.

I am off to Calabria in June and very much looking forward to it

Enjoy!

Mel

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Tessa,

It looks like ill be going to Lake Garda Verona Opera festival in July.

I want to do the croatia and slovenia trip but dates conflict with placement times.

Mark

Essa
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

Wonderful holiday (I have been twice) :thumbup:

I love the village because it feels like the real Italy, and the hotel is so nice, lovely staff, great rooms and excellent food.

As Mark says apart from Amalfi and Ravello you will not find a tremendous amount of tourists about.

I would go back like a shot. Anytime!

Watch out for the icecream and the sandwiches at the bar by the marina. :P

Hi Bosuncat Thank you it's great to hear such positive things. It is a holiday iv'e been looking at for a long time. I see you are going to Slovenia on the 3rd May have a Wonderful time haven't been there but told it's Lovely. Thanks for tip for ice cream & sarnies. Tessa

Essa
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mel P Thank you for all the information sounds Wonderful, Free wine eh' as you say can't be bad 🙂 and you are going to Calabria that looks lovely too. I do Love Italy. Have a great time. Tessa
Essa
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'marks' wrote:

Hi Tessa,

It looks like ill be going to Lake Garda Verona Opera festival in July.

I want to do the croatia and slovenia trip but dates conflict with placement times.

Mark

Hi Mark l did Lake Garda it was a Fantastic Holiday they have changed the Hotel now since l went. Have fun:). Tessa

Teresa2013
(Member)
Hi Essa, it is great to hear that other people have been to Cilento and enjoyed it so much.

The photo of the hotel on the website looks amazing. I have been to Italy before to Rome and Venice but it will be nice to go again this year and see some of the other parts and also some of the countryside. I have booked the optional trips.

I had a lovely time in Croatia last year. The scenery was fantastic and the group very friendly.

I am really looking forward to Italy now! Which other holidays have you done with JY?

Looking forward to meeting you. And Mags it will be nice to meet you too. Teresa

Essa
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Teresa2013' wrote:

Hi Essa, it is great to hear that other people have been to Cilento and enjoyed it so much.

The photo of the hotel on the website looks amazing. I have been to Italy before to Rome and Venice but it will be nice to go again this year and see some of the other parts and also some of the countryside. I have booked the optional trips.

I had a lovely time in Croatia last year. The scenery was fantastic and the group very friendly.

I am really looking forward to Italy now! Which other holidays have you done with JY?

Looking forward to meeting you. And Mags it will be nice to meet you too. Teresa

Hi Teresa , Lovely to hear from you. Yes it's been great seeing such positive things about our Holiday. l have done Lake Garda one of the trips was Venice, Tuscany both Amazing , Barcelona Catalonia, & Austrian Lakes went there twice loved it so much. l see they have changed the Hotel on Austrian one when l went both times l had great room over looking the Lake Omg it was Bliss:). Yes l must go to Croatia sometime sounds Lovely. Nearer the time we could have a chat about meeting at Gatwick Mags too what do you think? . Tessa

Essa
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mags5 Just wrote a post to Teresa to say nearer the time of our Holiday we could have a chat about meeting up at Gatwick what do you think?. l must say l can't wait for this Holiday people have posted really goods things about it. Bring it on!!::). Tessa
Teresa2013
(Member)
Hi Tessa and Mags,

That sounds like a great idea for us to meet at Gatwick Essa. Would be great to meet you at Gatwick Mags as well if you would like to. Maybe we could arrange a time and meeting place a little closer to the time. It is always nice to get to know people before hand and then you don't feel as nervous!! I have booked to stay in the Gatwick Airport Central Travelodge on the Saturday night as I have a little way to travel and it is quite an early morning flight! I am very excited about the holiday too and it is so nice to be able to share this excitement with you!

Tessa, I am glad you enjoyed Austria. I must admit that I looked at that one in the brochure and was actually trying to make my mind up between Austria and Cilento, and then after debating for a couple of days, finally decided on Cilento!

Speak to you soon.

Teresa

mags5
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Teresa2013' wrote:

Hi Tessa and Mags,

That sounds like a great idea for us to meet at Gatwick Essa. Would be great to meet you at Gatwick Mags as well if you would like to. Maybe we could arrange a time and meeting place a little closer to the time. It is always nice to get to know people before hand and then you don't feel as nervous!! I have booked to stay in the Gatwick Airport Central Travelodge on the Saturday night as I have a little way to travel and it is quite an early morning flight! I am very excited about the holiday too and it is so nice to be able to share this excitement with you!

Tessa, I am glad you enjoyed Austria. I must admit that I looked at that one in the brochure and was actually trying to make my mind up between Austria and Cilento, and then after debating for a couple of days, finally decided on Cilento!

Speak to you soon.

Teresa

Hi Teresa/Tessa

Great idea to meet up. Whilst I can drive there on the day I'm thinking of booking a hotel for the night before where I can park too? Thinking of Premier Inn at North Terminal, so will let you know nearer time. Exciting or what ......... Mags x