loopylynne
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

New to this and never been on a long haul holiday - Kenya is grabbing my attention at the mo but can anyone tell me when is the best time to go - would sooner miss the monsoon season, if you get my drift - see enough rain over here :huh:

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello and welcome Lynne

I did this tour a few years ago now and I went September time the weather was lovely and HOT!,I also did the add in to laze around the pool which I did enjoy. it's a great tour to do, I loved seeing the animals roaming around and I LOVE elephants so it felt like a little peace of heaven for me.

if you go and I hope you do take plenty of hand cleansing lotion packets of tissues and wet wipes... You will need them. have a look at the review boards I am sure I posted one when I came home and others have as well.

You will have fun, if I can help with anything just ask.

Cindy

sandy123
(Member)
Hi, Im interested in kenya too, was thinking of April 2014, haven't a clue about the weather
Rickochet12
(Member)
Hi all,

I've just joined this site with the possibility of doing a trip to Kenya.

I have been once before (although not through this site) and that was in October to catch the end of the migration, and the weather was quite warm.

I was thinking of trying a different time of year (May) but after a little research found out that April/May are the two wettest months which makes wildlife harder to spot and brings the mozzies out in force.

Jan/Feb are hottest and makes animals easier to spot coz they hang around the water holes.

Jun - Oct is best for migration.

Sorry if this rains on your parade (literally) but hope it's been a help.

gillcris
(Member)
'loopylynne' wrote:

Hi,

New to this and never been on a long haul holiday - Kenya is grabbing my attention at the mo but can anyone tell me when is the best time to go - would sooner miss the monsoon season, if you get my drift - see enough rain over here :huh:

Hi Lynne, I did this trip two years ago I went in May and it was lovely and hot, but not too hot so it was very comfortable, I had a great holiday and it was my first with Just You, I am thinking about doing the New York trip next year. Hope you have a great holiday, but I already know you will

hayley49
(Member)
Hi, I'm also new to this site and the kenya holiday is the one that appeals to me too. Have u booked one yet Lynne?

Regards

Hayley