cazmc
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have just booked my first Just You holiday to Canada & New England. I am nervous & excited!
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
hello there

great choice of holiday I am doing later in 2014... I have been to Boston New England and New York before great sights to see, but like Canada being part of this tour I am also doing the New York add on as well.

No need to be nervous but get as excited as you can I am sure it will be a great tour.

This is a safe way to travel and meet new people and have fun.. This will be my 10th JY tour..if I can help with anything just ask.

Cindy

Jools
  • (Member)
(Member)
'cazmc' wrote:

I have just booked my first Just You holiday to Canada & New England. I am nervous & excited!

Hi

Don't be worried, you will have a great time. BUT be warned that the tour is very full on and exhausting. Long journeys on a few occasions. But well worth it for everything you see.

Jools

Julie L
(Member)
I am going to canada and New England in the fall in sept 2014 anyone booked for this holiday?
lizabc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello to cazmc and anyone else going on this holiday on 9th June. Are you reading the forum? I've been re-reading the holiday information today and am getting excited at what is to come. I did the East Coast of America holiday a few years ago with JY, which included New York at the end. It was a wonderful holiday (as they all are), and I've always wanted to see some of the Canadian cities. I'm not sure how expensive eating out will be in Canada - lunches and dinners are not included in the holiday cost. Can anyone give me an idea of this?

Liz :thumbup:

anniethenitnurse
(Member)
Hi there

I did this tour last Sept/Oct and the cost of eating out in Canada is much the same as USA - although you get more of the dollar when changing currency here into Canadian Dollars than for USA! When you go into Toronto, head for the Hard Rock Café which is just along from the hotel (about a 5 min walk) and you will get a brilliant meal which is reasonably priced (and you get to keep the glass!)

I really envy you going on this trip and I would do it again in a minute! Enjoy!

Anne

Carol Lynda
(Member)
'Julie wrote:

I am going to canada and New England in the fall in sept 2014 anyone booked for this holiday?

Hi Julie, yes I have booked today, are you doing the extra nights in New York ?

cazmc
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'lizabc' wrote:

Hello to cazmc and anyone else going on this holiday on 9th June. Are you reading the forum? I've been re-reading the holiday information today and am getting excited at what is to come. I did the East Coast of America holiday a few years ago with JY, which included New York at the end. It was a wonderful holiday (as they all are), and I've always wanted to see some of the Canadian cities. I'm not sure how expensive eating out will be in Canada - lunches and dinners are not included in the holiday cost. Can anyone give me an idea of this?

Liz :thumbup:

Six weeks to go, I am getting excited now! I don't know how much it will cost for eating out, I read elsewhere on the forum that people were budgeting £100 per day for food, souvenirs & anything else so I am doing that. I have my credit card as backup too!

Carol :thumbup:

lizabc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Anne

Sounds as it you had a great time. Thanks for the info about Hard Rock Café - sounds good to me. Any other tips will be gratefully received :)

Liz

Julie L
(Member)
'Carol wrote:

'Julie wrote:

Hi carol. No I'm not doing the extra nights? You don't live in Stalybridge do you? I'm staying at the express inn at heathrow if your interested I'll let you have the address. X Julie L

Julie L
(Member)
To anyone who's going to canada in June, when you've been can you put on travel tips as I'm going in September and have never been on a holiday like this. Thank you? Julie L
Carol Lynda
(Member)
'Julie wrote:

'Carol wrote:

'Julie wrote:

Hi carol. No I'm not doing the extra nights? You don't live in Stalybridge do you? I'm staying at the express inn at heathrow if your interested I'll let you have the address. X Julie L

Hi Julie, no I'm on the South Coast a long way from you. Thought long and hard about doing the extra couple of nights and have decided to book them !

SarahS
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Julie wrote:

'Carol wrote:

'Julie wrote:

Hi Julie and Carol,

I have booked for 29 September, with the extra days in New York. When are you both going?

Julie L
(Member)
'Carol wrote:

'Julie wrote:

No I haven't, when are you going in sept? I'm going on the 17th sept from heathrow

Julie L
(Member)
'Julie wrote:

'Carol wrote:

'Julie wrote:

Hi carol, the only reason I asked if you lived in Stalybridge as my friend Betty lives next door to a lady called carol who is going on this tour? Await your reply! It would also be nice if we stayed at the same hotel before flying out!

Carol Lynda
(Member)
Hi Julie sorry for the delay in responding, have been away. I won't be staying up the night before we fly and will travel up on the day. I haven't had any paperwork re the timings/meeting point etc but perhaps we can arrange to meet up when I get to the airport ?
Carol Lynda
(Member)
'SarahS' wrote:

'Julie wrote:

'Carol wrote:

'Julie wrote:

Hi Julie and Carol,

I have booked for 29 September, with the extra days in New York. When are you both going?

Hi Sarah, I'm doing the 29th Sept with the NY add on. Having re-read the previous messages I think Julie is on the earlier trip ?