Marjorie63
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi All

I am new comer to JY and I have booked my first holiday to Andalucia, booking was the easy part!! Now as my trip draws near I am feeling a little bit nervous about what to expect when I arrive at the airport on my OWN.......:s

If anyone out there can give me some advice to reassure me that would be great. Thank you

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Marjorie

Please don't panic.....put the blue JY labels on your hand and case luggage so that's one thing that shows you are a JY traveller, and look out for other people's labels, and then just say Hi I am on the Andalusia tour etc.. To break the ice.... Or You might be sitting with a fellow traveller if so make contact then, if not sit back and relax, till you land and group up..

Also there should be a JY rep at the booking in desk to see you through that part of things, if the tour manager is flying out with you they might track you down if not you will meet them at arrivals at the other end...

Don't worry people mix in together really quickly, just remember it takes two to have a conversation, so don't be frightened to say hello to people, some one has to start ...

I hope you have a great time away, I have not been on this tour but I have been on 9 in total,

Cindy

Auntie D
(Member)
'Marjorie63' wrote:

Hi All

I am new comer to JY and I have booked my first holiday to Andalucia, booking was the easy part!! Now as my trip draws near I am feeling a little bit nervous about what to expect when I arrive at the airport on my OWN.......:s

If anyone out there can give me some advice to reassure me that would be great. Thank you

Hi Marjorie,

You will have a great time in Andalucía. I did this trip a few years ago and had a wonderful time. Mijas is fascinating and all the trips are terrific.

When you arrive at the airport, just look out for any other travellers with "Just You" blue and white labels on their suitcases queuing for your flight.. Take a deep breath, introduce yourself.....and you're on your way.

Have fun and you'll be booking your next trip before you know it.

Regards.

Denise

;);)

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Marjorie, well done on booking your 1st JY holiday - I know it's a big step but you won't regret it! I'm booked on my 7th singles holiday in October and well remember how I felt before my 1st one. On arrival at the airport you need to check the flight departure board to find your check in desk. Once you get there, a JY rep is usually available to help you through the check in formalities. It's also a good idea to have your JY luggage tags clearly displayed on both your suitcase and hand luggage, as other JY customers on this trip will probably be looking out for their travelling companions. Nearer the time, you could return to the community page and add a tread about arranging to meet up with your fellow travellers at a restaurant or bar after check in - I'm sure you will get some replies from that, together with suggestions as to where you can meet. This is always a good way of meeting people on your trip and 'breaking the ice'. Just one more thing....if you go into the 'travel tips' section on this community page, 'sallyc' has written a very good blog which may answer any other queries you have entitled 'at the airport'. I've met 'sallyc' on a previous holiday and she is very well travelled, so her blog contains lots of good advice. Hope you have a great holiday. Mike
SHELLY 1
(Member)
'Marjorie63' wrote:

Hi All

Hi Marjorie, Cograts on booking your holiday. Yes we all understand how you feel. Nervous and happy all rolled into one. But think of the adventure you are about to have.Only bad thing is one adventure is never enough. Get to the airport with lots of spare time. Dont be afraid to ask for help. I find most people are very friendly so a smile and a hello often gets a chat going. Look out for the blue luggage tags and come and say Hi. Enjoy your trip. New friend Shelly 1 :;)

JT newbie
(Member)
Hi All

I am also a new comer to JY and am a month away from going to Croatia, oh dear, people on this forum seem very friendly so hopefully it will be OK

Bye

anniethenitnurse
(Member)
Hi there,

I think you've actually done the hardest part by booking the holiday! Just look out for the blue labels in the lounge area and you'll be fine, honestly. I've only done 2 holidays and a weekend break with JY, and everyone is so friendly and helpful. Due to do my next holiday later this month and really looking forward to it - I've been on here "talking" to some of my fellow travellers, so the ice is already broken!

Just relax and enjoy!

Anne

MARIE W
(Member)
Hi Marjorie, I've just returned from my first Just You trip and would like to reassure you that all will be fine. Our group met up in the executive lounge prior to our long haul flight so we had a brief chance for introductions. The hustle and bustle of the flight means that it passes relatively quickly and when you get together as a group at the other end you will soon get to know everyone properly. In my experience everyone was friendly and there was a mix of age groups but we got on well together and I enjoyed having the opportunity to sit with different people on our coach trips out and at meal times to get to know them. I had a fantastic holiday and intend to book my second one as soon as possible. I'm sure you will find in the beginning that others feel as nervous as you but that feeling will quickly pass. Remember why you booked in the first place and just enjoy your holiday and embrace the whole experience; I hope you have a wonderful time in Andalucia. Marie x
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Marjorie

Well done for taking the first step. You have chosen a great destination and will have a great time in Andalucia. Mijas is pretty. Of course, it is natural to be a bit nervous the first time, but your nervousness will disappear as soon as you arrive at the Airport. Excitement will kick in! You will have such a good time that you definitely will want to book another holiday once you are back. Think of all the different friendly people you are going to meet and the adventure which lies ahead of you.

Have a great holiday.

Jaya