Songbirdy90
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all

I havent booked any trips yet as i am worried about the age range.

I was wondering if there are usually younger travellers or is it mixed? I'm not interested in the partying/getting drunk scene and would love to travel to see all the beautiful architecture. I dont mind travelling with older travellers but I was just wondering if there are tours suited to my age range?

sjm533
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Songbirdy90' wrote:

Hi all

I was wondering if there are usually younger travellers or is it mixed? I'm not interested in the partying/getting drunk scene and would love to travel to see all the beautiful architecture. I dont mind travelling with older travellers but I was just wondering if there are tours suited to my age range?

Hi,

To be honest you may well be the youngest on a tour, but for heavens sake don't let it out you off. Age is only a number, some 30 year olds may as well be 100, while an active 80 year old can keep up with the rest easily.

Your reasons for travelling are just about the same as everyone else's: architecture, history, culture, landscape, and of course food. If you are very active some of the tours may be more suitable than others, it all depends on what you want to do.

You will be well looked after, not only by JY, but the others on the tour as well. You can mix as much as you want, or go off on your own, no-one will mind. It is after all your holiday.

Hope this helps

Regards

Sylvia

Auntie D
(Member)
'Songbirdy90' wrote:

Hi all

Hi Songbirdy0-,

Please try not to worry about the age range. All the tours I've been on (9 and counting!!) have all had a mixed age group. You will probably find that not too many of the group are interested in partying/getting drunk ~~ there are usually a couple of early mornings and drinking too much the night before is definitely not recommended!!

Pick a place you've always wanted to go to and then book. Trust me, you'll have such a great time that you'll be only too eager to make your next trip as soon as you arrive home from your adventure.

Go for it and good luck.

Denise

:thumbup::thumbup:

sim1
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Songbirdy90' wrote:

Hi all

Hi, the youngest person on the trips I have been on so far was 32,

but if you don't mind mixing with older people, you will be fine. Most travellers are in middle age, but some of the older people can be more active than the younger ones.

You will find the more active the tour, the younger the group, but not always. Also if you aim for the school holiday periods you find quite a few teachers who tend to be at the 30 to 50 age range.

You did say age does not matter, and you want to see beautiful architecture, so have a look at some of the italian city tours I am sure it will fit the bill.

Shouldn't say it but the colder the holiday destination the younger the group.

JustMargaret
(Member)
'Songbirdy90' wrote:

Hi all

There`s no need to worry about the age range, the groups often range from 20 ish up to 80 plus, and are usually more interested in the place they are going. I have just booked my 4th holiday and have never been disappointed. You have the right attitude, so give it a try, I`m sure you will enjoy yourself.

Annam
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi 22 year old traveller

You will probably be the youngest in the group but don't let that put you off or worry you.

The age range does tend to be 40's upwards, but on the trips I've done there usually the odd two or three in their 20's/30's. Age is just a number! The trip I've done have not been about partying/getting drunk.

Customer Services would be able to guide you in terms of age ranges booked on the trip you are planning.

This company is very good for people travelling alone and wanting to see a bit of the world!

Anna

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Songbirdy,

As the others have said you are very likely to be the youngest but don't let that worry you if you fancy an holiday.

People on these trips get on great irrespective of age as everyone is their for the same reason "a good holiday".

For the record I've seen people in their 20's on a couple of holidays I've done (out of 10 trips) and they were great, mixed in no problem.

Just go for the holiday you fancy, you'll never know until you try.

Mick

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

You say that age does not matter so why worry. Just pick a destination you want to see and book it. Travelling with Just You is safe and you are very well looked after. If you get on well with people of all ages, then you will have no problems at all. After all, age is just a number!

Jaya

traveller7
(Member)
Hi

I am 32 and wanting to go on a trip next year - dont worry about the age range at all your there for the same reason as everyone else to explore and experience culture and have a nice holiday but with the company of others. Have fun and book!

Hayles
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, im 26 and have done 4 tours- one of my tours there was an 18 year old, so dont worry and go for it

Hayley 🙂

Kirsty332
(Member)
Hey,

I am 23 and did Route 66 as my first just you holiday last September was one of the best holidays I have done. Don't worry at all about age I was the youngest but it didn't change anything made some amazing friends whom I am still in contact with and a really good holiday. Looking forward to booking on another just you holiday soon 🙂

Book up you will have an amazing time 🙂

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

I am 26 and i started using JY when i was 21. I keep on saying this till im blue in the face but on these holidays age is just a number! I had an amazing time in Paris and in Croatia and in fact i am going to Cilento Coast in September with a 69 year old woman i met in Croatia. Essentially you are all there to enjoy the destination and it is that that you will remember.

Take the plunge!

Mark

Annam
  • (Member)
(Member)
Glad to see some of the "younger" travellers adding posts. It will hopefully put at ease other nervous "younger" travellers

Anna

AbbieMaryann
(Member)
Hi. I am new to Just You. Im thinking of booking Route 66 next May (2014) Im 22....23 Friday coming.

I have been to NYC and Vegas alone which i loved. But after going with Travelsphere earlier this year with a friend i loved it. Couldnt believe the value for money and the experience. Just need that push i think to book it!!

Abbie x

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'AbbieMaryann' wrote:

Hi. I am new to Just You. Im thinking of booking Route 66 next May (2014) Im 22....23 Friday coming.

I have been to NYC and Vegas alone which i loved. But after going with Travelsphere earlier this year with a friend i loved it. Couldnt believe the value for money and the experience. Just need that push i think to book it!!

Abbie x

A VERY BIG PUSH coming your way BOOK IT..

Cindy

K4rlyb
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Songbirdy90' wrote:

Hi all

Hi

I'm 28 and was a little concerned. Reading on here most of the trips are mixed ages but you will most likely be the youngest, I believe I am on my trip - America's gold west we fly out on 30th Sept. I can let you know more when I'm back? I'm looking at it as I want to do the trip doesn't matter about peoples ages.

Karly

SpiceF0x
(Member)
I'm 25, and just went to Germany. Next age up was about 40 and apart from the ages jokes both ways, I didn't feel any younger.